Replaced Motherboard and Received fTPM Error

Hello. I had problems with motherboard and received replacement from distributor. I don't remember having Bitlocker and fTPM enabled. My SSD OS drive was encrypted by VeraCrypt which doesn't store encryption key in fTPM if I am correct. 

After powering on the system this is the error that pops up. The image is not mine but the error is the same.

91cFg6xl.jpg.9f41738746d4aa2dd1c3ab5ab05175c4.jpg

While I was looking for solution on the internet the PC turned off by itself. I read that people had this message pop up out of nowhere despite making no changes to their PC's hardware. It never happened in my case though. What if the replacement I received was previously tested and they turned on fTPM for motherboard to work in Windows 11? They also tested with different CPU most likely.

I don't know if they updated the firmware to the latest but if they did what if fTPM was turned on by default? I read that fTPM protects software and hardware from unauthorized access. I thought about entering BIOS and disabling fTPM but what if it will deny me access and brick my hardware? Could motherboard lock to CPU they tested with? What should I do?

Thanks.

Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450 rev 1.0
2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX
EVGA GeForce RTX 2060

Corsair TX650M

Edited by TechnicGeek

Which brand / model? Replacement new or refurbished?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

All you can do is clear it. Nothing will be bricked, or be broken. Gigabyte for example since Windows 11 defaults to fTPM enabled.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, TechnicGeek said:

Hello. I had problems with motherboard and received replacement from distributor. I don't remember having Bitlocker and fTPM enabled. My SSD OS drive was encrypted by VeraCrypt which doesn't store encryption key in fTPM if I am correct. 

After powering on the system this is the error that pops up. The image is not mine but the error is the same.

91cFg6xl.jpg.9f41738746d4aa2dd1c3ab5ab05175c4.jpg

While I was looking for solution on the internet the PC turned off by itself. I read that people had this message pop up out of nowhere despite making no changes to their PC's hardware. It never happened in my case though. What if the replacement I received was previously tested and they turned on fTPM for motherboard to work in Windows 11? They also tested with different CPU most likely.

I don't know if they updated the firmware to the latest but if they did what if fTPM was turned on by default? I read that fTPM protects software and hardware from unauthorized access. I thought about entering BIOS and disabling fTPM but what if it will deny me access and brick my hardware? Could motherboard lock to CPU they tested with? What should I do?

Thanks.

So. It isn't really a huge problem that'll mess everything up. is the fTPM key that e.g. Windows 11 interacts with when needed. 

Easiest is to reset the fTPM and nothing will really go bad. 

fTPM "associates" CPU and mobo so it's always going to need clearing when either changes.

It's on by default on most BIOSes released since Win11 came out since it's a requirement. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

10 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

Which brand / model? Replacement new or refurbished?

I don't really know. They just told me replacement. I received it in original box that I used to ship it to distributor. There was nothing else in the box except motherboard. The serial number on the box and on the motherboard are different now. So It is likely not new then? I have edited and added specifications. 

6 hours ago, TechnicGeek said:

I don't really know. They just told me replacement. I received it in original box that I used to ship it to distributor. There was nothing else in the box except motherboard. The serial number on the box and on the motherboard are different now. So It is likely not new then? I have edited and added specifications. 

Different serial # means different board. Doesn't necessarily mean it's new. Paperwork should indicate new / refurbished, etc.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!