Mid-to-Low End priced Mid Tower case

lescarpio

Hi all,

So right now I'm in the process of trying to pick the next best case for my living room HTPC/big screen gaming PC. It has some very old components in it (I'll must up what I remember what's in it at the end of this post), but it still games better than consoles, which is what I mainly use it for: a console replacement for when I don't want to sit on my somewhat uncomfortable desk chair where my main PC is at in my bedroom. I use this PC for watching some videos, and gaming on the couch. I want to replace my current case which only has one 120mm fan intake, and 1 top 140mm exhaust. It also has a 120mm rear exhaust and 2x120mm side fans I have as intake, but the side is very choked as I have it sitting right up against the wall on that side. The case is a Rosewill Challenger. It was an awesome case (very first custom build I've ever made), but not only is it now very unattractive to me now, it's cooling is severely hindered. With warmer weather drawing near (and no A/C), I need a better air cooled case (at least 2x120mm front fans) that's not expensive, and will fit my current components. Here's some options I chose (please be aware, I don't want to spend more than $70USD - $80USD since this isn't trying to be a huge upgrade):

Thermaltake Chaser A31 (I can find this for a little less than $70USD; Newegg has is for $69.99 w/ $10 MIR)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133212

Antec GX500 (cheapest, about $47 w/ $10 MIR right now, $59.99 orig.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129191

Cooler Master HAF 912 (option of a 200mm front intake, and 200mm top exhaust, seems like it has potential to be the quietest of the 3 with that fan setup)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

If you guys have any other recommendations I will gladly consider them, and thank you very much ahead of time for your input!!!

PC:

ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooler

8GB of some generic RAM from an older PC

EVGA GTX 560 1GB <-- hehe =P

Lite-On DVD drive

WD Blue 320GB HDD

Corsair HX750w PSU

and of course the case I wanna replace: Rosewill Challenger

Corsair has some new ones they just introduced. I forgot what they're called.

I think it's like the SPEC-03 or something

I think it's SPEC-01 to SPEC-03.

they look nice too, you should check it out.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Like the person before me said the SPEC-03 is amazing for the price, it has a window and the other side panel has a bulge so you can literally shove all your cables back there. You can ever fit an H100i (both in the front and top) in it if you have low profile memory, even though corsair has not said it's watercooling compatible. Here's what one reviewer did with it: