Speaker/Soundbar recommendation

Sabarok

A few weeks ago I replaced my PC's 2.1 speakers. There is an electrical issue with my house causing the speakers to have a constant hum. I looked for speakers powered by USB, so I switched to a Creative Stage Air, but I'm not happy with it. Every morning, it's disconnected so I have to manually re-pair the speaker through the panel, which doesn't always work, and it always connects muted so I have to fix the volume, and it doesn't always stay connected. At 16" wide, it is the largest that could fit under my monitor because of how the monitor's legs are positioned.

My requirements:

Maximum of 16" in width for a sound bar.

USB powered.

Sounds better than the built-in speakers of an Asus ROG monitor.

Doesn't disconnect from my PC

If you have ground hum, these half-assed solutions won't help the actual case which is probably feeding your PC with dirty power as well. Call an electrician, have it fixed and roll on with real speakers.

5 hours ago, Motifator said:

If you have ground hum, these half-assed solutions won't help the actual case which is probably feeding your PC with dirty power as well. Call an electrician, have it fixed and roll on with real speakers.

An electrician was the first person I spoke to. He said it was an issue with the grounding from the house itself and wasn't anything to worry about. Not only that, but everyone is so busy that it's a 2 month wait before they'll be able to return for other work I have them doing. The wiring going to my office is a brand new circuit that was installed a month ago