i need help deciding between the AMD Ryzen 5 5500 3.6GHz and the Intel Alder Lake, Core i3 12100F 3.3GHz

Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I came here looking for some guidance in regards to selecting my CPU for my first gaming rig
As noted in the title I am struggling with wich CPU is better for me since I keep trying to look up online for solutions but with no result since I haven't found a comparison in wich discord is open in the background since I'm on a VC most of the time when I game. (the games I intend to play go from Roblox to GTA and PUBG)
So, with that in mind please help me choose the right CPU for me 

Do you plan on just using this PC for gaming?

If so both chips are going to perform just fine in gaming. Depending on the game will depend on which chip is better but the i3 is about 2% better in most games. 

However if you plan on doing anything that is very multicore or multithreaded intensive the Ryzen 5 will dominate the i3. Running Discord in the background won't really affect performance or use any additional power from the chip so that really wouldn't be a concern with either chip.

For gaming though its really your choice. I would base the decision on which one ends up being least expensive for you in your region for the CPU, Mobo, and RAM combo. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

So for your games right now the 12100f will be the better cpu however it in new games its already the minimum recommended cpu due to only being 8 threads and once the ps5 and xbox series become the main and only consoles that 12100f is not gonna have a good time. So a upgrade will be needed

The 5500 will handle that period well but it isnt going to get as high an average fps as a 12100f.