Is MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max WiFi good?

Hi,

One of my friend is thinking to upgrade his motherboard. He is currently using MSI B450 Mortar (If I'm not mistaken) and thinking of getting something fancier. He asked me about MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max WiFi. Is this a good board or should I suggest him something better? I have no idea on this motherboard so I can't decide.

So, a little bit on his requirement:

- A good motherboard that can support Ryzen 9 5950X with PBO, over-clocking and liquid cooling (currently using Ryzen 5 3600 but will upgrade in short future)

- Budget is around RM1500 (about USD337 including tax and shipping), country: Malaysia.

- His existing case supports EATX (though he may loose 2.5 inch drive bay because of the cable routing)

Thanks.

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Oh, forgot to add in:

I was thinking of going MSI MAG Tomahawk WiFi, since the rating is extremely positive according to PC Part Picker.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi

AND

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi

Buildzoid thinks they're meh so I think they're meh. That being said, that's the perspective of a 0.01% enthusiast. Your friend will most likely be fine with the Tomahawk unless he wants to explore his options and see what else is available. 

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

16 hours ago, venomtail said:

Buildzoid thinks they're meh so I think they're meh. That being said, that's the perspective of a 0.01% enthusiast. Your friend will most likely be fine with the Tomahawk unless he wants to explore his options and see what else is available. 

I see. Well, the Gaming Pro Carbon is a little bit old. The one he is eyeing is Carbon Max. I think this is a refresh of X570 chipset.

Anyway, I was thinking of recommending Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi (using myself) but I'm not sure about Gigabyte X570S Aorus Pro AX as well. judging by the specs, Pro AX is very similar with Pro WiFi, but since this is a new skew and design, I'm not sure about the power delivery. But right now Gigabyte is a little expensive compare to others over here in Malaysia.

The Tomahawk is a great board, but I'm upgrading to the Carbon Max just because everyone that bought it from newegg to amazon gives it praise. X570S boards are passive cooled so you don't have to worry about a chipset fan going bad or making a weird noise after years of use. A little expensive, but taking the chance on the Carbon.