Best 16inch laptop sleeve (macbook pro 16/Asus Flow X16)

Hi, im looking for a sleeve or case for my Asus x16 (which has extremely similar dimensions to the macbook pro 16 so any of those cases should fit).

Any recommendations? I think it want to be a hard one not soft, so it does protect against some impact. I will likely put the case with the laptop in it in a backpack, so i dont need a handle or anything like that.

Thanks.

Nomad do some very very nice cases. However they cost a pretty penny so they're not for everyone. They're made of leather and I can confirm from having their phone case and a couple of other parts they're very very well made and impact resistant.

https://nomadgoods.com/products/laptop-sleeve-horween-leather-rustic-brown-macbookpro-16-inch

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

15 hours ago, rikitikitavi said:

I like Thule zipped solutions - Gauntlet: https://www.thule.com/en-ca/laptop-bags-sleeves?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1qDM4oaJ-QIVoG5vBB00LgSgEAAYASAAEgJO4PD_BwE

I'm not sure if they have updated for the latest 16" MBP size, so if your Asus is closer to size of the previous gen, you might find more fits.

i have purchased the gauntlet 🙂 thanks

• 8 months later...
On 7/21/2022 at 8:50 PM, The Torrent said:

i have purchased the gauntlet 🙂 thanks

Hiya, hopefully you'll see my post, but i wanted to ask if the thickness of the X16 Is a concern with the gauntlet,  the gauntlet has a max internal thickness of 16 mm, and the X16 is 19,4 mm thick, have you had any problems with this?

8 hours ago, Azrai said:

Hiya, hopefully you'll see my post, but i wanted to ask if the thickness of the X16 Is a concern with the gauntlet,  the gauntlet has a max internal thickness of 16 mm, and the X16 is 19,4 mm thick, have you had any problems with this?

No problems at all, fits perfectly.

20 hours ago, The Torrent said:

No problems at all, fits perfectly.

Cool, but i have one question left, im going for the newer X16 model, and that one is 21,9mm thick, so barely any thicker than the 2022 model, but do you think it would still fit in the Gauntlet? just wanting to be sure about the 2.5mmm difference

On 4/1/2023 at 1:32 PM, Azrai said:

Cool, but i have one question left, im going for the newer X16 model, and that one is 21,9mm thick, so barely any thicker than the 2022 model, but do you think it would still fit in the Gauntlet? just wanting to be sure about the 2.5mmm difference

i think it would fit, because the gauntlet is not hard shell, it has some flexibility.