YouTube more crisp

digitalnav

YouTube does not use VP9 (yet).

Videos probably look better because cameras has gotten a lot better.

As far as I know, the video quality has actually gotten worse when they moved to DASH. If you compare for example 720p then the bit rate of the DASH file is often quite a lot lower than the non-DASH version.

By the way, moving the file around does not cause the video to become lower quality like some people in this thread seem to think. You can copy a video back and forth 1000 times and it will still look exactly the same.

i know youtube doesn't use vp9 atm i just bring up as an example on how they could improve its back end as for the file degradation thing, i bring it up because i had several heated discussions whit a family member that is on photography and always bring that up, he even saves everything on dvd and blue rays to avoid this sort of thing 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

YouTube does not use VP9 (yet).

Videos probably look better because cameras has gotten a lot better.

As far as I know, the video quality has actually gotten worse when they moved to DASH. If you compare for example 720p then the bit rate of the DASH file is often quite a lot lower than the non-DASH version.

By the way, moving the file around does not cause the video to become lower quality like some people in this thread seem to think. You can copy a video back and forth 1000 times and it will still look exactly the same.

Well you have the option to not play using the DASH player unless I'm mistaken.

And yeah, unless you just happen to move the video into a video converter while moving it around, and happen to use settings worse than the original file, it has no logical reason to lose quality.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552