DLan slower than expected + regularly looses connection

ACavemansPc

Hello there,

I've had my Dlan adapters (one TL-PA4020P ver1.1, one TL-PA4010P ver2.3) for about as long as I have my Pc, however they've been giving me trouble lately. 
Firstly they only ever reach max. 60 mb/s of the 500mb/s they should be capable of delivering (we have 1gb/s so they're the bottleneck eitherway), they also refuse to play ball with the official TP link software you can find online (I assume that's bc of different versions), they seem to be just unaffected by it.

They also regularly loose connection for a few seconds, even after resetting them and re-pairing them multiple times, however until today they've never been offline for long enough to even start a windows-assisted diagnosis or find an error code that would help me on this quest.

Now they've just ceased functioning 2 hours ago, windows tells me " Ethernet has no valid IP_configuration ", I've tried some of the tipps you find on other forums like setting IPv4 to automatically obtain the IP (which was what i had it set to initially) trying to update the network-adapter (which was up to date) or disabling fast-startup in the windows powersettings (whatever that would do for me didn't happen). I however did find out that it HAS to be either one or both of my DLan adapters or one of the Lan cables via which they're connected, bc my phone has WiFi, and my Pc once again has internet access (~500mb/s max at this moment btw) as soon as I use my 10m Lan-cable instead. 

I gotta be honest I'm fed up with these things and would just buy new ones if they weren't that expensive, so I'm hoping one of you geniuses is better at troubleshooting than I am.

Thx in advance ❤️

19 hours ago, ACavemansPc said:

I've had my Dlan adapters (one TL-PA4020P ver1.1, one TL-PA4010P ver2.3) for about as long as I have my Pc, however they've been giving me trouble lately.

The problem with powerline is any device plugged into the circuit can cause interference.

Those adapters only have 100Mbit ports, so will never go above that.  The 500Mbit only refers to the connection between the units, which if you had other units that had faster ports having them all support 500Mbit prevents slowing down that link, as you don't want to run different powerline versions on the same circuit.

Even if it HAD Gigabit ports, you won't get 500Mbit from 500Gbit powerline as like WiFi there is a lot of protocol overhead.  There's a discussion on reddit that mentions even PowerLine 2000 only achieves 500Mbit at best.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7