Home theater upgrade dilemma - Please Help

FAHEYGF87

Here is my setup as of 2 weeks ago:

Xbox one X

HTPC(Ryzen 5 3400G, RX570, lots of HDDs)

Nintendo Switch

Denon AVR-S510BT(4k/60 max)

Polk Audio in wall speakers 5.1

Vizio 60 inch D series

The 3 inputs going into the Denon, then a single HDMI up to the TV.

Here's where the my issue comes in:

I bought a new TV - 65" LG C1, which will do 4K/120, so of course I want to take advantage of it.

I can run my 3 HDMI cables to the TV and get glorious 4k/120, but then I lose my surround speakers....OR....I can run everything through the Denon and get my speakers back, but then i'm stuck at 4k/60. 

I've tried running an optical out from the TV to the receiver, but the HTPC and the Xbox are only seeing stereo audio, because they have to go through the TV first.

Since I just spend $1,500 on a TV, i'd really like to avoid spending another $400-$500 on a new receiver that has eArc, is there another way?

yea a amd 6000 or nvidea 30 series series. they have hdmi 2.1 for computer
also yes youll need a new avr with 2.1 or IF they came out with them a hdmi 2.1 splitter

you want the goodness it will cost 😀

2 hours ago, circeseye said:

yea a amd 6000 or nvidea 30 series series. they have hdmi 2.1 for computer
also yes youll need a new avr with 2.1 or IF they came out with them a hdmi 2.1 splitter

you want the goodness it will cost 😀

Yeah the HTPC isn't really the main concern, I just built it not that long ago, and I don't have hardly any 4k content on it anyway.

The primary concern is getting 4k/120 from the Xbox to the TV, while also having 5.1 speakers, a combination which isn't working at the moment.

Use eARC, devices to TV, TV eARC port to receiver, everything will be solved. Also, not using eARC will have negative effects on audio sync when running 4k/120Hz regardless.

I made a video on this in case you're interested.

6 hours ago, Colty said:

Use eARC, devices to TV, TV eARC port to receiver, everything will be solved. Also, not using eARC will have negative effects on audio sync when running 4k/120Hz regardless.

I made a video on this in case you're interested.

Okay, got it. Is eARC a requirement or would ARC be sufficient? I haven't found good documentation on the differences between ARC and eARC.

1 hour ago, FAHEYGF87 said:

Okay, got it. Is eARC a requirement or would ARC be sufficient? I haven't found good documentation on the differences between ARC and eARC.

Long Story Short eARC is lossless signal for atmos where as Arc is lossy.