Small micro-ATX motherboard in mini-ITX case

Andrewxe
Go to solution Solved by tkitch,

It might fit....  But as you said, it won't hold a GPU.  (Well, it could hold a 1 slot GPU, but that's it.)  

Will the smaller m-ATX like ASRock H370M-HDV Motherboard (7.5-in x 7.4-in) fits on mini-itx case like Cooler Master ELITE 130 (9.4-in x 15.6-in) with no GPU.

Are the standoffs different? maybe cut more holes if the standoffs are different?

EDIT it fits. also ECS H110M4-C2H also fits

Edited by Andrewxe

This is close to a mini DTX. It is compatible with mITX mountings but has an extra PCI-E slot at the bottom. Your board seems to be classified as "mATX" because t's also technically wider than mDTX, 

DTX (form factor) - Wikipedia

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

This is close to a mini DTX.

7 minutes ago, tkitch said:

It might fit

Should I be concerned with the motherboard standoffs or they will usually fit? Since m-itx is expensive here, I think I'll be able to  get away with smaller m-atx and also no gpu needed. Also I might be able to find other motherboards which maybe smaller but still classified as m-atx. "Official" mini-itx motheboards are hard to find and costly if its brand new.

6 minutes ago, tkitch said:

DTX doesn't use more standoffs than ITX typically.

Okay, seems like Ill manage to fit it in, if the back i/o sheild does not line up properly with matx that is also fine i guess. I do not have any experiece with m-itx boards so, im lost here. But the chart given was useful.