RTX 3060 Overclocking

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
2 minutes ago, alex.ausmus said:

So, If I keep the core at +250MHz, and its stable, and the card isn't overheating; it is healthy for my GPU and wont break it?

Yeah, that's fine. Increasing the clock speeds won't hurt the GPU, voltage is what can hurt a card. The 3060 is a locked down card, so you don't have voltage control. Because you can't overvolt the card there's no way to really break the card. It's fine. 

I have a RTX 3060, I'm not sure of the model because I have a prebuilt PC, but I know that it is a single fan design. Anyways, I can overclock it to +250MHz on the core, and +1300MHz on the memory. It is stable with this overclock in all of the games I have tested. It also stays under 75-80°C during all of my games that I tested. Is this overclock too much? And is it unusual, or out of the ordinary to be able to overclock a card this much and still have a stable experience in games. I am worried that such a high overclock may harm my graphics card. This might not even be a high overclock, I am not sure because I have never overclocked a card before. I know that every card is different and has different overclocking limits. I'm almost positive this doesn't matter, but I have the LHR version of the 3060.

Thanks, 

Alex

The core offset seems low, and the memory offset seems a little high. It's not dangerous or anything, but with memory overclocked you can get performance regressions before you get instability. It could just be that the stock memory clicks on that card are really low for some reason though since it is an oem card. 

If it's stable though, I wouldn't touch it

33 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The core offset seems low, and the memory offset seems a little high. It's not dangerous or anything, but with memory overclocked you can get performance regressions before you get instability. It could just be that the stock memory clicks on that card are really low for some reason though since it is an oem card. 

If it's stable though, I wouldn't touch it

I'm not sure how I can check what the brand/model of my graphics card is, if I knew what it was, would that help in figuring out why the "core offset is low" ? I am new to the PC stuff so I'm not sure what the core, or memory offset is.

9 minutes ago, alex.ausmus said:

I'm not sure how I can check what the brand/model of my graphics card is, if I knew what it was, would that help in figuring out why the "core offset is low". I am new to PC stuff so I'm not sure what the core, or memory offset is.

I just realized I misread the core offset, I thought it said +25. That is again on the higher side of an offset, I'd expect closer to +150, but again, since it's an OEM specific card it's probably got low clocks out of the box. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I just realized I misread the core offset, I thought it said +25. That is again on the higher side of an offset, I'd expect closer to +150, but again, since it's an OEM specific card it's probably got low clocks out of the box. 

So, If I keep the core at +250MHz, and its stable, and the card isn't overheating; it is healthy for my GPU and wont break it?

2 minutes ago, alex.ausmus said:

Yeah, that's fine. Increasing the clock speeds won't hurt the GPU, voltage is what can hurt a card. The 3060 is a locked down card, so you don't have voltage control. Because you can't overvolt the card there's no way to really break the card. It's fine. 

26 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Ah ok, thank you so much!