Colour Accurate TN vs IPS Monitor

TechMasterMind
3 hours ago, Berinejo said:

one extra thing that I don't think anyone has added is that TN panels have very bad viewing angles and are generally have a matte finish (if you care about those)

I haven't seen a monitor of any panel type in years that doesn't have a matte finish.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

43 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I haven't seen a monitor of any panel type in years that doesn't have a matte finish.

Media / PC stores still carry monitors or AIO computers with shiny finish displays. They're primarily 27 in. or so and yes they're older models, but they're still in the market somehow especially if you're looking at EU stores.

The best TN display I've used was the Omen 25, it was half decent as far as my little time with it went down the store... in fact I even considered buying it cause it was cheap and I was going to throw it to another PC. We didn't get to buy it and well, it was no big loss really... lol.

Mind you, there are junk IPS panels too. 60 Hz very cheap stuff, those are actually on the echelon of that HP in terms of color reproduction. Though any actually decent IPS you buy, will no doubt be a far better display.