Photoshop on Windows 11...Trash?

Got excited to play around in PS and create a little motivational poster for myself and it seems like PS is a giant POS on Windows 11? Runs no problem on MacBook Air.  On windows, I can get it to open, and hang out, but as soon as I try to drag/drop an image in, it stutters, freezes, takes up 40% + of my 32gb of ram, and I have to end task.  If it does actually bring in the image, the canvas is choppy to move, and it leaves leftovers (kind of like the old crappy machines when you drag a window around and it leaves a trail of stuck images).

Latest version of PS, drivers, etc.  Is this common?

Ryzen 5600X

3080 ftw3

32gb 3200MT/s c16 ripjaws ram

58 minutes ago, mike_seps said:

Got excited to play around in PS and create a little motivational poster for myself and it seems like PS is a giant POS on Windows 11? Runs no problem on MacBook Air.  On windows, I can get it to open, and hang out, but as soon as I try to drag/drop an image in, it stutters, freezes, takes up 40% + of my 32gb of ram, and I have to end task.  If it does actually bring in the image, the canvas is choppy to move, and it leaves leftovers (kind of like the old crappy machines when you drag a window around and it leaves a trail of stuck images).

Latest version of PS, drivers, etc.  Is this common?

Ryzen 5600X

3080 ftw3

32gb 3200MT/s c16 ripjaws ram

For me it just keeps crashing so i run it in a vm

"In Human Society, There Are Very Few People Who Truly Trust Each Other."

18 minutes ago, Pixian said:

For me it just keeps crashing so i run it in a vm

Well, that's unfortunate. You'd think Adobe would have it running somewhat smoothly by now. It's not like W11 is new anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 2:46 PM, mike_seps said:

Well, that's unfortunate. You'd think Adobe would have it running somewhat smoothly by now. It's not like W11 is new anymore.

Yeah but in all honesty windows 10 is better than 11 so there is a larger demographic running windows 10

"In Human Society, There Are Very Few People Who Truly Trust Each Other."

1 minute ago, Pixian said:

Yeah but in all honesty windows 10 is better than 11 so there is a larger demographic running windows 10

That's totally fair. Part of the downsides of going to W11 with the new machine.

Update - for whatever reason (legitimately no idea), PS decided to stop being a POS on the W11 machine.  I went back to check release and build number for both PS and Windows to submit with my Adobe support ticket, and it al worked fine. Not sure if there was an auto-update and they did it low key and didn't tell anyone, or if my computer just decided to get it's crap together and play nice.