my router won't port foreword

Go to solution Solved by Alex Atkin UK,
23 minutes ago, rxtr113t said:

my router is Orbi RBR50 connected directly without a modem from fiber media converter up to date with the latest updates.

the computer I'm trying all of this is a windows 11 pc but the same issue was also when it had windows 10 so it's probably not it.

so I have this problem because I'm assuming I'm just making some mistake  one else seem to talk about so no guides actually help.

I've  tried to set up a server so me and some friends could play together and time after time the  same issue and I just give up on the matter.

when trying to open a port for Minecraft or some other game (like the forest port I'm trying to open in the attached picture the necessary ports are 8766,27015,27016 ) no one from the outside my network can join in and the server shows and plays normally on Lan.

I've tried manually setting rules in the firewall to allow in and out traffic for said ports( after setting the port forwarding like in the picture) didn't help.

I've tried disabling the firewall and antivirus completely again nothing changed.

any site like https://www.canyouseeme.org always shows the ports as closed for any port i try to check.

any help would be apricated!

Untitled.png

Does your router say what your WAN IP address is?  If its between 100.64.0.0 and 100.127 than you have CG-NAT and cannot port forward, you'd have to see if your ISP lets you pay for a static public IP address.

Sometimes they may also use standard private IP ranges which also prevents port forwarding:

• Class A: 10.0.0.0 — 10.255.255.255

• Class B: 172.16.0.0 — 172.31.255.255 

• Class C: 192.168.0.0 — 192.168.255.255 

An IP in any other range should work however (unless its been explicitly blocked as mentioned above).

You also need to make sure the firewall on Windows is allowing incoming connections, although if you can connect to it from a different PC on the LAN then that would suggest it is allowed in the firewall already.

my router is Orbi RBR50 connected directly without a modem from fiber media converter up to date with the latest updates.

the computer I'm trying all of this is a windows 11 pc but the same issue was also when it had windows 10 so it's probably not it.

so I have this problem because I'm assuming I'm just making some mistake  one else seem to talk about so no guides actually help.

I've  tried to set up a server so me and some friends could play together and time after time the  same issue and I just give up on the matter.

when trying to open a port for Minecraft or some other game (like the forest port I'm trying to open in the attached picture the necessary ports are 8766,27015,27016 ) no one from the outside my network can join in and the server shows and plays normally on Lan.

I've tried manually setting rules in the firewall to allow in and out traffic for said ports( after setting the port forwarding like in the picture) didn't help.

I've tried disabling the firewall and antivirus completely again nothing changed.

any site like https://www.canyouseeme.org always shows the ports as closed for any port i try to check.

Untitled.png

Could be your ISP blocking these ports, some do.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

6 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Could be your ISP blocking these ports, some do.

if they are is simply calling them and asking them to unblock them work? 

8 minutes ago, rxtr113t said:

if they are is simply calling them and asking them to unblock them work? 

Yup, just call them 🙂

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

23 minutes ago, rxtr113t said:

Untitled.png

Does your router say what your WAN IP address is?  If its between 100.64.0.0 and 100.127 than you have CG-NAT and cannot port forward, you'd have to see if your ISP lets you pay for a static public IP address.

Sometimes they may also use standard private IP ranges which also prevents port forwarding:

An IP in any other range should work however (unless its been explicitly blocked as mentioned above).

You also need to make sure the firewall on Windows is allowing incoming connections, although if you can connect to it from a different PC on the LAN then that would suggest it is allowed in the firewall already.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I see a syntax error in your port range field. The example shows a port range like this:

65500 - 65510

While yours looks like this:

65500-65510

Maybe add the spaces as shown in the example?

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

3 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

excuse my ignorance but how can I check my WAN IP address? image.png.f699d0d0b084f3cb0ef39358d2f7725c.png are you referring to this? and if so all i need to do is change the setting from getting the ip from the isp to a static one that i need to ask/pay them to give me? 

and all my internal ip address on the network also seem to be on "CLASS C" so is changing to static ip fix it?

13 minutes ago, rxtr113t said:

excuse my ignorance but how can I check my WAN IP address? image.png.f699d0d0b084f3cb0ef39358d2f7725c.png are you referring to this? and if so all i need to do is change the setting from getting the ip from the isp to a static one that i need to ask/pay them to give me? 

and all my internal ip address on the network also seem to be on "CLASS C" so is changing to static ip fix it?

Yes, you're being CG-NAT so you'd have to call and see if they offer a public static IP address instead that's not behind their CG-NAT setup. There is a good possibility they don't offer that so you'd be SOL in that case.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, rxtr113t said:

This is CGNAT range, your router never got a WAN IP in the first place, no port forwarding will work.

6 hours ago, Lurick said:

Yes, you're being CG-NAT so you'd have to call and see if they offer a public static IP address instead that's not behind their CG-NAT setup. There is a good possibility they don't offer that so you'd be SOL in that case

so there's nothing I can do if they don't offer me a static IP? would changing ISP could resolve it or I'm basically stuck because of the infrastructure in my area?  

11 hours ago, rxtr113t said:

so there's nothing I can do if they don't offer me a static IP? would changing ISP could resolve it or I'm basically stuck because of the infrastructure in my area?  

We don't know because it's your ISP, you talk to them to find out.

15 hours ago, rxtr113t said:

Other ISPs might offer it, you'd have to ask them.

You could also use a gaming VPN or other similar service which should work with any ISP.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7