5 beep post code on asrock b350

andthatguy2

Hey,

I appreciate any help in this. I have an asrock b350, r5 1400 with a 1060 3gb. I get a 5 short beep post code about half the time i boot it. I have checked the cables a few times, everything is plugged in correctly. I have reseated everything (ram, gpu, cpu). The pc boots into windows everytime but i am confused on the post code. The bios is for some reason showing the ram running in single channel even though i have the sticks in the correct locations. It does show full amount and runs xmp fine. anyone have any ideas on why it's randomly giving the post code?

https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?k=beeps

Please refer to below form for the beep code and debug code of AMI UEFI BIOS.

Condition Beeps Code Debug Code
Normal No beep With goodnight LED enabled, debug code will disappear after the beep.
Bad CPU No beep No debug code
Bad memory No beep 45
Without memory 3 long beeps 53
Without CPU No beep(No Power) No debug code
Without VGA card 5 long beeps Beeps at"d6", then show "0d"

5 "long" beeps?

20 minutes ago, andthatguy2 said:

Hey,

I appreciate any help in this. I have an asrock b350, r5 1400 with a 1060 3gb. I get a 5 short beep post code about half the time i boot it. I have checked the cables a few times, everything is plugged in correctly. I have reseated everything (ram, gpu, cpu). The pc boots into windows everytime but i am confused on the post code. The bios is for some reason showing the ram running in single channel even though i have the sticks in the correct locations. It does show full amount and runs xmp fine. anyone have any ideas on why it's randomly giving the post code?

From the AMI list. 

5 short Processor error The system CPU has failed