Why do LMG channels no longer disclose "sponsored" or "showcase" in the title?

Ashleyyyy
46 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Animated certainly doesn't mean no product advertising, not at all.

It's certainly much less than a lot of what Hollywood produces (If we don't consider the Animation divisions of various companies to be a part of Hollywood, which for all intents and purposes it might as well not be)
Also, mildly related animated scene (mildly might be a stretch tho):

Up until 0:22 mark.

Edit: If you're interested, show's name is Amphibia

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

Not the ones I've watched from memory. They have talking points or information about the product they have to cover but that's not the only parts of the script in the videos.

I really don't think there is as much difference as you portray.

Knowing while watching the video that it's not a critique  / review is important for sure but that's not the defining factor of if the video is entertaining and/or informational or not.

For example, if you think this is beat for beat marketing material only then I have literally no idea what to tell you or where to go with it. Taking the points you need to talk about and making them relatable and not entirely dirt boring is part of making videos such as these actually good (this not being 10/10 entrainment ranking one, but point not withstanding) 

And ofc that's if we are talking about showcase videos and not just sponsored videos more broadly.

Edit:

But like the point was, knowing what you are watching is important but outright refusal to watch something just because it has "showcase" etc in the title is a little dumb. But it's cool, not wanting to give such videos is a chance is a choice anyone can make on their own.

Don’t think you understand what guidance notes for things like this entails. They’re intentionally loose in some areas with strict no go areas ti provide the illusion that it’s not a sponsored piece when in reality it is. In my work I often have to go places and advertise the place of work to others, I have to include specific talking points and what not to go into and the rest is “free reign” to incorporate audience understanding etc etc. 90% is the same every time and the other 10% is just worded differently. 

16 hours ago, LAwLz said:

At the end of the day, this discussion really is about LMG having two choices.

1) Inform their users properly what the content is, and make interesting enough content that people want to watch it.

2) Be dishonest and try and trick people into viewing something they aren't interested in. For example trying to trick people like OP into giving them views on an ad, even though OP has no interest in watching said ad.

My guess behind this is the same old issue with YouTube and their algorithm.  It's why titles and thumbnails for so many channels get changed now.  You change title and thumbnails based on what gets you front page on YouTube; and an issue is if you have a flop of a video click through it can also negatively affect other videos.

Do I wish they put "sponsored/showcase" in the title, yes, but honestly I don't care that much to complain.  I literally click the video, and see whether or not I think it's entertaining.  A few sponsor ones are actually mildly entertaining, but again I can usually tell within the first few seconds...and it's not like it's taking a huge amount of time out of my day clicking on a title instead of reading it.

It would be different if they don't directly disclose their sponsors early though in the video.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef