would more ram help?

so about 2 years ago i made my friend a pc because her laptop was a potato the motherboard i used was a GIGABYTE B365M DS3H LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel B365 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard, she is running 16gb of ram and my question is should i get more for her. The reason is she was streaming the quarry on discord and i recorded it, but it lagged so hard that the audio de-synced and had to catch up or the frames drop to a slideshow even with her turning the graphics down (she has AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT and CPU is a intel core i5-8400) so would getting her more ram and having either 16bg or more help with her streaming it and recording it on her end instead of me doing it through discord?

More RAM might help, but I doubt it. 16GB should be sufficient for most use. I would suspect a wifi / Internet connectiviy / transfer rate issue.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

26 minutes ago, Will92444 said:

so about 2 years ago i made my friend a pc because her laptop was a potato the motherboard i used was a GIGABYTE B365M DS3H LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel B365 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard, she is running 16gb of ram and my question is should i get more for her. The reason is she was streaming the quarry on discord and i recorded it, but it lagged so hard that the audio de-synced and had to catch up or the frames drop to a slideshow even with her turning the graphics down (she has AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT and CPU is a intel core i5-8400) so would getting her more ram and having either 16bg or more help with her streaming it and recording it on her end instead of me doing it through discord?

I would be sceptical as to if this was a RAM problem, at least in the form of capacity at this stage. Before diving into getting more RAM I would look to see if the amount in use at the time this happens is 80% or more, if so more RAM may be beneficial but if not then the bottleneck or issue is likely to be elsewhere.

Welcome to the forums!

More ram is always nice, but it's probably the CPU chugging on the encoder. We need to see usage deets while gaming and streaming

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup