Privacy/Cybersec bros, What is the best Faraday Bag to buy in the US? Where do I buy it?

bluesummer

I've been meaning to buy a faraday bag for a while as I am a total freak about privacy and such, but I have no idea where to start. 

I've checked out https://faradaybag.com/ but to my knowledge none of the vendors listed on their website even sell their products, lul. Some of you might say it's overkill, but I am out and about a lot these days and don't mind spending a little dough on protecting my data, even if it is "overkill".

Anyways, what is the best one to buy and where can I buy it? Thanks y'all

Sounds like somethings you could solve on your own device by enabling Flight Mode, no fancy bags needed.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

3 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Sounds like somethings you could solve on your own device by enabling Flight Mode, no fancy bags needed.

I suppose, but I also just need a straight laptop sleeve/bag anyways so 2 birds 1 stone yk?

I'd just grab one off amazon and test it by trying to connect when your device is in it. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

39 minutes ago, OddOod said:

I'd just grab one off amazon and test it by trying to connect when your device is in it. 

Damn, guess I never thought of just looking at reviews

I was always paranoid I would buy a knock off one that just wouldn't work and I would waste my money. Found a waterproof/fireproof one for $20 that has all 5 star reviews, lul.

Just ordered one!

7 hours ago, bluesummer said:

I've been meaning to buy a faraday bag for a while as I am a total freak about privacy and such, but I have no idea where to start. 

I've checked out https://faradaybag.com/ but to my knowledge none of the vendors listed on their website even sell their products, lul. Some of you might say it's overkill, but I am out and about a lot these days and don't mind spending a little dough on protecting my data, even if it is "overkill".

Anyways, what is the best one to buy and where can I buy it? Thanks y'all

Protect what data from who exactly?

For a laptop this is hilarious, when its on surely you NEED WiFi so wont help and when its off (you know, actually shut it down) its not broadcasting at all.  The picture of them sitting it on the bag is even more hilarious, good job overheating your laptop there, that will "protect your data" - while the screen (where the antennas usually are) is left free and clear.

The only time this will do a thing is when in standby with WiFi waking up periodically, and then you'll just kill the battery as it tries to pickup a signal and might as well have just turned off if you're blocking the thing its left on for.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

most basic one.

here a guide.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Faraday-Cage

you need to explain more on what you trying to do.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC