I Can't Believe Intel is Selling This. - Intel Arc A370M

AlexTheGreatish
7 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

Just because its not the number version microsoft says is the "newest", windows just push auto updates on this crap for no good reason, more fun is that windows said it was "optional" until it just gives you the finger. more versions from intel is also not getting correctly through windows either, makes me wish someone would hack the **** out of microsoft so they could start thinking about making the experience less crap. Also suck for product pages that doesn't have download page or hidden to be anti-consumer.

That issue could have been avoided if Microsoft were to stop baby proofing Windows,

Babies don't use Windows anyway so why?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

On 7/2/2022 at 11:05 AM, Senzelian said:

Day 449 (literally) of using a RX6700XT.

Driver crashes: 0

Performance issues: 0
Bugs: 1

The radeon software wouldn't open once. After a force quit and restard it did.

How often does that happen with Nvidia software? Already 2 times with the Nvidia control panel since I owned an RTX 3060 laptop, which hasn't even been 2 weeks.

Honestly even after owning a GTX 760, 980 SLI, 1080 and now the RTX 3060, I would probably choose AMD again if the performance/price ratio was at least similar.

Just my experience.

I have your same experience

I stayed away from AMD for years cause of the bad drivers meme, but honestly, when searching for a new card recently (Especially during the whole mining crisis) I found AMD to be the perfect substitute for Nvidia. Once the bad drivers meme dies and AMD catches up to Nvidia in raytracing and other features, it'll be more of a bloodbath, just watch.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:18 AM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

So are you meaning to tell me the drivers and software are as craptastic as AMD's are historically? 

Give it time, AMD got better eventually!

History tends to repeat itself and I have faith Intel will get it together within a few years. Remember the Ryzen 1000 series launch? Look where 5000 series is now. I know we're talking graphics here but what I've said still holds true. 

On 7/2/2022 at 10:40 AM, Levent said:

Actually you are correct, no Nvidia GPU so far is able to encode AV1.

Well yes because both AMD & Nvidia have feature parity here as in the two of them support just AV1 hardware accelerated decode, only Intel currently supports hardware accelerated AV1 encoding.

Just now, R1TTER said:

Well you're still wrong as AMD & Nvidia both support AV1 hardware accelerated decode, only Intel currently supports hardware accelerated AV1 encoding.

I havent said otherwise in that post. Read it again.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yes relooked at your post & edited my reply 👍

Among other major chipmakers only MediaTek supports AV1 encode, that's probably because the competing body is pushing for the pricier H.266 standard now!