No display output after trying to boot in Safe Mode

Beilish
Go to solution Solved by Beilish,

Found the issue. Unplugged the GPU power connector and it turned on. I was plugged in to the motherboard's display anyway, but at least it works now.

Hello,

I have a PC which was working great up until I tried to boot in safe mode.

After that, it doesn't output any display on my monitor anymore. I don't even have a BIOS prompt, no Windows logo loading, no POST, nothing.

A few things I tried and checked:

• The monitor works, I plugged in my laptop with an HDMI cable and it works.
  • I tried both HDMI and VGA, both don't show anything.
  • Tried unplugging the power cable, holding the power button for 30 seconds, then turning it on again, nothing change.d
  • I tried pulling out the CMOS battery, waited a few minutes before inserting it in, no change. Even tried booting without it.
  • I unplugged the SSD (the only one in this PC), even tried booting it while unplugged, but no display.
  • I swapped like 3 VGA cables, the HDMI works 100%.
  • I even tried to plug in a different PC! Granted it's an old PC and I don't know when it was last used, but I know that it should work.
  • I unplugged all peripherals.
  • I tried randomly pressing on F12, F2, F8, Del, Home, and other buttons to maybe boot into BIOS somehow. Nothing happens.

Some "clues" or other information:

• When I power off the PC, it instantly power offs, so it seems like it doesn't even load into Windows.
  • Keyboard is USB, mouse has a PS2 connection. Both seem to light up (Mouse has an LED on it, the keyboard responds to num lock presses for example).

PC Hardware

Trying my best but can't exactly remember the components other than:

• Some H97 Gigabyte motherboard.
  • GTX 560 Ti
  • I think i5 4460, not sure.
  • Samsung EVO 800 (830?) SSD.

I'm really out of ideas, what can be done in this situation?

Found the issue. Unplugged the GPU power connector and it turned on. I was plugged in to the motherboard's display anyway, but at least it works now.