Replacing pc parts

westly
Go to solution Solved by An0maly_76,
2 minutes ago, westly said:

A memory issue with ram or my cpu? Yeah it’s something with memory I feel like but idk why with the stress test it works. But then it might be my mother board. Because why is only one stick of ram showing? When I get home I’ll try everything I can. 

Whoa. The machine is only seeing one stick of RAM? That's a major red flag there. Assuming you have the sticks in the correct slots, one of those sticks is likely bad, and is likely your whole problem.

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

@Somerandomtechyboi

Read between the lines. While OC isn't OP's main aim, in my experience, 3200 has had to be OC'd from a stock speed of 2666 to reach 3200, which seems to be the case in this scenario.

Basically turning on xmp/docp or manual lazy oc?

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Basically turning on xmp/docp or manual lazy oc?

Well, I believe OP's problem is partially related to that. The 2600X doesn't support 3200, it supports 2933, and in my limited experience, most 3200 is 2666 that has to be OC'd to reach 3200.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

8 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I just know the one I have has been doing fine. I have a random no video on boot that I've narrowed down to cable or HDMI port.

I get that, some were giving me flak over my Rosewill Hercules 1600W PSU's when I got them but they still work fine, using one in this machine now and I even use them for hardcore XOC stuff - They deliver and I woudn't have been able to do this if they didn't.
Bones`s SuperPi - 1M score: 9sec 141ms with a FX-8320

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

26 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Well, I believe OP's problem is partially related to that. The 2600X doesn't support 3200, it supports 2933, and in my limited experience, most 3200 is 2666 that has to be OC'd to reach 3200.

Manual oc? Good thing for good ics like rev e you can just slap on a lazy 3600 c16 oc and be done with it, if not then there are profiles for 3600 c14 online that will most likely work and be plug and play cause rev e consistency go brrrrrrrr

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Manual oc? Good thing for good ics like rev e you can just slap on a lazy 3600 c16 oc and be done with it, if not then there are profiles for 3600 c14 online that will most likely work and be plug and play cause rev e consistency go brrrrrrrr

No, actually, I should have clarified. It's DOCP, or XMP as some machines call it.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!