GPU always running on PCIe 1.1

Go to solution Solved by pands,

Problem solved by modifying GPU BIOS and uninstalling MSI Afterburner.

emz.png

Hi everyone, my GPU is GTX 460, CPU is Xeon E3-1220 V3, and motherboard is Gigabyte H81M-DS2V (rev 1.0) with latest BIOS version F6. My problem is that my GPU always runs on PCIe 1.1 even at full load (gaming) and won't go back to running on PCIe 2.0 unless I restart my PC. This problem makes the games I play always lag and unstable. This problem appears randomly and after I browse in the browser (Google Chrome). After I closed this browser and checked GPU-Z suddenly my GPU was running on PCIe 1.1. I think it's just my GPU's power saving feature. After I try to load my GPU 100% by playing games my GPU is still running on PCIe 1.1. Below is a photo of GPU-Z and the related issues I'm having.

Photos before the problem occurred:

Screenshot-107-cr.png

𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘: This is a photo of my GPU test after I just turned on the PC with a full load state.

Photos after the problem occurred:

Screenshot-106-cr.png

𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘: This is a photo of my GPU test after I browsed using a browser (Google Chrome) with a full load state.

What I've done to fix this problem but it doesn't work:

1. Setting the motherboard BIOS to run only on PCIe 2.0
  2. Flashing GPU BIOS using the latest version
  3. Reinstall the NVIDIA GPU driver
  4. Setting the GPU driver (NVIDIA Control Panel) to run at maximum performance
  5. Clean and repaste my GPU

My question is what is the problem I am having and how to fix this problem?

When did the error start ocurring? Did it start when you installed or updated something? Or was it out of the blue?

BUS reading doesnt change when you click on that "?"/Question mark icon next to it right? IIRC, ASPM reduces PCIE frequency/bandwidth to save power.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

38 minutes ago, ItsYaBoiKasper_ said:

When did the error start ocurring? Did it start when you installed or updated something? Or was it out of the blue?

This problem occurred less than a week ago and it happened suddenly.

26 minutes ago, Levent said:

BUS reading doesnt change when you click on that "?"/Question mark icon next to it right? IIRC, ASPM reduces PCIE frequency/bandwidth to save power.

When I press GPU-Z rendering test my BUS reading changes.

Screenshot-108-cr.png

Problem solved by modifying GPU BIOS and uninstalling MSI Afterburner.

emz.png