Tech Trivia Game Thread

Here's the idea: Post the answer to the trivia question above you, then put your own tech trivia question underneath.

Posting references is highly encouraged when answering questions. Let's try not to rely to heavily on Wikipedia.

Answer: I'm the OP so there's no one above me here....

Question: What was the name of Intel's first microprocessor and what year was it manufactured?

Answer. Intel 4004 year 1971. 

Question What was the first book sold on Amazon?

Answer:

this went well.... (no question)

Question:

name the first video game to use a graphics chip?

Character artist in the Games industry.

you didnt post a question...

question: which company has the slogan "The way it's meant to be played"?

ahhhh bob has messed up this game T_T 

Character artist in the Games industry.

Intel 4004? in 1971 I think ether that or i have not be listening in lesson :P

Answer: No Question

Question: What The First Xeon Processors name & Codename?

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Answer: Pentium II Xeon. Codename Drake.

Question: Who manufactures PS3's cell processor?

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

Answer: (i believe) 1993

Question: What was IBM's first company name?

Answer: IBM

Question: What is the world record overclock?

A>FX 8350 at sth like 8ghz by Andre Yang

Q>Why the first character of the keyboard are "QWERTY"

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

Q: What was the name of the first Mainframe computer

A: IBM "Stretch"

Q: What was the first computer with a graphical user interface?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

A: the SAGE Project and Ivan Sutherland's Sketchpad.

Q; when was the first prefilled watercooling loop released? ( might be easy for some)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

A: Xerox Alto?

Q: What year was the first Mac released?

A: January 24, 1984

Q: What gpu is Linus using?

A: Water cooled GTX 580

Q: What is the slowest processor ever created?

A: Duron 600 Morgan?

Q:How many assignable IP addresses are their in a 192.168.1.xxx network (using only one subnet)?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

What is this then?

it wasnt there when i was writing....

A:

1. Physical 
  2. Data Link
  3. Network
  4. Transport
  5. Session
  6. Presentation
  7. Application

Q: How many digits are their in an IP address (think about it in its truest form, and by truest, I mean binary)?

I'm currently reading a massive book on networking, and it's awesome.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

A: is its 32bit numbers, but its also depents between Ipv6 (32bit) and Ipv4(128 bit)?

Q:How many bits are in a Ipv6 address field?

A:128 Bits

Q: What does a MAC address stand for and what does it do/its significance/is it significant?

15" MBP TB

Q: How many digits are their in an IP address (think about it in its truest form, and by truest, I mean binary)?

A: Depends on the type. IPv4 has 32 bits per address for a total of about 4.29 billion (2^32) addresses. IPv6 has 128 bits per address for 2^128 unique addresses.

Q: What type of operations are carried out by software such that variables can safely be accessed by many threads at once?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

A: Depends on the type. IPv4 has 32 bits per address for a total of about 4.29 billion (2^32) addresses. IPv6 has 128 bits per address for 2^128 unique addresses.

Q: What type of operations are carried out by software such that variables can safely be accessed by many threads at once?

You skipped my question (the newest one)

A: I believe it's thread safe programs

Q: What does a MAC address stand for and what does it do/its significance/is it significant?

15" MBP TB

There are 16 bits (four hex characters) in a Ivp6 field

Each hex character is 4 bits, and there are 32 characters per address.

You skipped my question (the newest one)

A: I believe it's thread safe programs

Sorry about that, someone got to it before I did.

A: MAC is a media control address which is assigned at the physical layer to uniquely identify network interfaces.

Q: What annual event is hosted jointly by Cornell University and Intel to promote new embedded technologies?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

*Media Access Control

In an Ipv6 field there's eight groups of 16bits. 8 groups * 16 bits = 128 Bits.

Am I missing something?

15" MBP TB

A: no question D:

Q: what does this mean "Failed to transcode URL"

dont use google ;D

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.