Tool for finding the best location for WiFi routers?

Ark1375
Go to solution Solved by Falcon1986,
28 minutes ago, Ark1375 said:

I was wondering, is there a tool (online or offline) that I can use to find out which spot in my home is best for placing a router in order to have maximum coverage?  

Not exactly.

There's the UniFi Design Center if you plan to use UniFi APs.

Generally, try to place as close to the middle, high, and in an open space, away from physical and other sources of wireless interference.

I was wondering, is there a tool (online or offline) that I can use to find out which spot in my home is best for placing a router in order to have maximum coverage?  

28 minutes ago, Ark1375 said:

Not exactly.

Generally, try to place as close to the middle, high, and in an open space, away from physical and other sources of wireless interference.

59 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Not exactly.

This is why ceiling mounted Access Points can be so useful, far less obstructions and just looks like a smoke alarm.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7