Corsair ML140 fans on a Noctua NH-D15

TigerClaw

I'm curious as to how a pair of Corsair ML140 fans would perform if mounted on the Noctua NH-D15?

Those fans use the magnetic levitation bearings and spin up to 2000RPMs, And these fans produce high airflow and high static pressure, They can get loud when at full speed. 

CPU: I9-9900k CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz Dual Channel Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master Soundcard: Sound BlasterX AE-7 Capture Card: Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Boot Drive: Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1TB SSD Storage Drives: WD BLACK SN750 NVME 1TB SSD WD Blue 1TB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2 WD Blue 500GB SSDs Blu-Ray Drive: Pioneer BDR-2207 Power Supply:  Seasonic PRIME 850 Platinum SSR-850PD 850W 80+ Platinum Case: Cooler Master HAF X OS: Windows 10 Pro

I put Corsair ML140 fans on my Noctua NH-U14S, and they work great! No real extra noise that wasn't already there on the stock fans. 🙂

Make sure you get a 2-to-1 PWM fan splitter, so you can connect both fans to the cpu_fan header (unless one already comes with the NH-D15 that you end up getting). My NH-U14S didn't, but it also only comes with one fan.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/KngJ7P

Edited by GeorgeMKane

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

2 minutes ago, GeorgeMKane said:

I put Corsair ML140 fans on my Noctua NH-U14S, and they work great! No real extra noise that wasn't already there on the stock fans. 🙂

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/KngJ7P

That's good to know, How were you able to mount it?

Because I heard the clips only fit 140mm fans that have the 120mm mounting holes, and these are square shaped.

CPU: I9-9900k CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz Dual Channel Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master Soundcard: Sound BlasterX AE-7 Capture Card: Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Boot Drive: Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1TB SSD Storage Drives: WD BLACK SN750 NVME 1TB SSD WD Blue 1TB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2 WD Blue 500GB SSDs Blu-Ray Drive: Pioneer BDR-2207 Power Supply:  Seasonic PRIME 850 Platinum SSR-850PD 850W 80+ Platinum Case: Cooler Master HAF X OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TigerClaw said:

That's good to know, How were you able to mount it?

Because I heard the clips only fit 140mm fans that have the 120mm mounting holes, and these are square shaped.

It was a little tricky, but you can make it work with the clips they give you. If for any reason they don't work out, just contact Noctua, and they can ship out better fitting clips I'm sure. They're pretty good about things like that, and responding promptly.

Just now, GeorgeMKane said:

It was a little tricky, but you can make it work with the clips they give you. If for any reason they don't work out, just contact Noctua, and they can ship out better fitting clips I'm sure. They're pretty good about things like that, and responding promptly.

I read that they have clips made for 140mm fans.

5 minutes ago, TigerClaw said:

I read that they have clips made for 140mm fans.

Yeah, they should come with 140mm fans, so you shouldn't have a problem there. My NH-U14S came with a 140mm fan too, and an extra clip for a second fan, so that worked out. 🙂

Yeah, they should come with 140mm fans, so you shouldn't have a problem there. My NH-U14S came with a 140mm fan too, and an extra clip for a second fan, so that worked out. 🙂

Ah, The reason I asked because I recently got an ML140 for the exhaust, and at lower fan speeds its pushing more air out then the previous fan when at lower speeds.

33 minutes ago, TigerClaw said:

Ah, The reason I asked because I recently got an ML140 for the exhaust, and at lower fan speeds its pushing more air out then the previous fan when at lower speeds.

Yeah, I did the ll120 fans for the other case fans, since my case came with 3 of them at the front already.

Yeah, I did the ll120 fans for the other case fans, since my case came with 3 of them at the front already.

My case is a Haf X and I have 4 200mm fans, So I thought I upgraded the exhaust fan to something that will last longer, Which is why I went with an ML140, They double as a case fan or heatsink/radiator fan.

3 hours ago, TigerClaw said:

My case is a Haf X

nice did you upgrade the 200mm fans?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

nice did you upgrade the 200mm fans?

Yep, I upgraded them with cooler master ARGB 200mm fans