Zipper slider replacement?

Bob Wilson

Went to zip up my Stealth hoodie this morning and looked like a right clown, fumbling around on both sides of the zip looking for the slider but it was nare to be found. Not sure where or how it's come off, checked the washing machine and it wasn't in the bottom.

Anyway, can anyone advise where I might be able to source a new slider? Or can someone from LTT give me the specs of the zip they used so I can find a replacement? I love this jacket, so warm and comfortable, but much less useable without the zipper working.

Thanks!

Yeah dude they're called zipper pulls and they come in a bunch of different styles.  You could probably fashion one out of some cord or something too

https://www.amazon.ca/SUMAJU-Extension-Colorful-Replacement-Backpacks/dp/B081V257JQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=3TBROR0FL4IGH&keywords=zipper+pull&qid=1656291430&sprefix=zipper+pull%2Caps%2C344&sr=8-6

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Thanks for the reply, but as I said in both the title and the post, it's the entire zipper slider that's gone, not just the pull.

@nicklmg@LinusTech

Ah the whole slide, I think you just need the zipper size then to source a new one 

Or try your luck with a multiple size kit I guess but that's not ideal 

Edit:. The LTT stuff uses YKK zippers so they'll definitely be standard sizes but what each size means I couldn't tell you

Double edit: I looked at my stealth hoodie it's a YKK #5VS. @Bob Wilson

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Thanks so much @Yoinkerman! Going to see if I can source one today, it's fricken cold here in Oz atm

On 6/26/2022 at 8:15 PM, Bob Wilson said:

Anyway, can anyone advise where I might be able to source a new slider? Or can someone from LTT give me the specs of the zip they used so I can find a replacement? I love this jacket, so warm and comfortable, but much less useable without the zipper working.

Have you tried their customer service? This seems like something that'd warrant them sending an entire hoodie replacement.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

It was $2 from my local sewing supplies shop, slipped straight on and all fixed up. Whilst it sucked for a short period of time, thanks to @Yoinkerman giving me the zip size code it was an easy and cheap fix and not something I'd expect a whole new hoodie for.

The lady at the sewing shop said that the the zip had lost the blocking piece at the top of the zip that stops it from sliding off, must have fallen off last time I washed it. No big deal, it's still functional and warm in this cold (well, by Australian standards cold, it's not Canada cold).