Looking for a router for HNT mining and home use

Hi peeps!

Since I put my HNT miner on top of my block and connected it with a LAN cable my router seems to have been going through a rough time of constantly going on and off and losing signal, which is why I am looking for a new router. Can you guys help me and recommend me one. I'm looking for one thats in the range of €50/$52 with 4 LAN ports that also has a great WiFi speed so my family can use it flawlessly.

Thank you in advance!

26 minutes ago, offweek said:

If you unplug the Helium AP does the router return to normal?  Did the Helium AP destroy the previous owner's router?  And which Helium AP is it?

It's a SenseCap M1. We bought it first, there's no previous owner. Sometimes the name of the WiFi router just disappears out of all menus until I restart it. And to the first question, yeah I believe so.

The router is "Mercusys"

-> Moved to Networking

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, offweek said:

If, say, there is a short in the cable or the Pi is broken and doing something odd to the router, then a new router may not fix your problems.

The first time we connected the SenseCap was through WiFi and it made it drop. The name of the router stopped showing up until we restarted it. So I don't think it's a cable problem. We're thinking of getting a TP-Link Archer AX55 or something similar

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2022 at 11:13 AM, ImperialHub2 said:

The first time we connected the SenseCap was through WiFi and it made it drop. The name of the router stopped showing up until we restarted it. So I don't think it's a cable problem. We're thinking of getting a TP-Link Archer AX55 or something similar

Hi,

I have the same Sensecap and had the same issue.
I had to make the miner forget the wifi details to stop it from trying to connect via wifi when connected through the lan cable.
That solved my issue.

https://www.sensecapmx.com/docs/sesnecap-hotspot-app/forget-wi-fi-profile/