Finally Building my DREAM Gaming Room (SPONSORED)

SeanLMG
1 minute ago, Middcore said:

This seems more likely to me, although I would think he'd still find a PC more appealing for emulation.

Purely curiosity on my part, folks, no need for any of us to get huffy about it. 

Entirely possible, but there's an elegance to having the Wii / Wii U as an emulation base.

I've got an old Wii hacked, and it's absolutely the most fun thing to play on for retro at my house.  

2 hours ago, Middcore said:

Some of them are younger than that, I think. The ones who are older still weren't old enough to hold a controller when the Wii U was in its prime, I wouldn't think.

I will say at least in my experience looking back when I was a kid having been born in 1998 I played a mix of N64, GameCube, PS2, GameBoy/GameBoy Colour and Game Boy Advance games even after getting a DS and Wii alongside the rest of the 7th gen consoles. Some of my friends didn't have a PS3 or Xbox 360 available to them as it was only for their siblings so we played multiplayer games on the PS2 or N64 instead.

What is the ASUS network switch used in the video? I've been looking for one exactly like that but can't find it on ASUS' website

So. That TV wall mount. Anyone knows which it is? Am looking for a good one, that can hold a large TV :)

1 minute ago, nemesisabel1980 said:

So. That TV wall mount. Anyone knows which it is? Am looking for a good one, that can hold a large TV 🙂

Pretty sure I saw the brand name Kanto when they were holding the template on the wall. Lots of Kanto mounts on Amazon, not sure which exact one it is. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 hours ago, Middcore said:

So, again, I'm really curious to know what Linus and Yvonne keep the Wii U for.

Btw, did anybody else notice Linus's idea of "tabletop gaming" is foosball?

I don't get you. Really what are you trying to argue here. They got the last 2 Nintendo consoles hooked up, and you keep trying find some special meaning to having a Wii U hooked up. Why do you even care, why are you trying to think what their kids played on, or why they made a certain choice... it's a game console, what more is there to know.

1 hour ago, Neroon said:

I don't get you. Really what are you trying to argue here. They got the last 2 Nintendo consoles hooked up, and you keep trying find some special meaning to having a Wii U hooked up. Why do you even care, why are you trying to think what their kids played on, or why they made a certain choice... it's a game console, what more is there to know.

I'm not trying to argue anything. Its a console that's generally regarded as a dismal failure and just about everything it did you can do on some other system... Most of the relatively few people who had one have retired it... So I was surprised to see one obviously still considered a staple of the entertainment center and wondered if there was some use case for it I didn't know about. Don't know why you find that so offensive. Seems like original Wii games in HD and emulation are the most likely answers.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 hours ago, Middcore said:

I'm not trying to argue anything. Its a console that's generally regarded as a dismal failure and just about everything it did you can do on some other system... Most of the relatively few people who had one have retired it... So I was surprised to see one obviously still considered a staple of the entertainment center and wondered if there was some use case for it I didn't know about. Don't know why you find that so offensive. Seems like original Wii games in HD and emulation are the most likely answers.

It's a failure sales wise, but I feel like saying everything it did you can do on some other system. The 2 screen on console makes it for me at least a much more interesting and good gaming experience then the PC, PS4 or Xbox One. I'd play a lot more games if there were consoles or PC games that worked like the DS or Wii U, so many things have extra steps that on the Wii U you just look at your controller and have.

Basically, personally I think the Wii and Wii U are better for gaming then a PC unless you can get a PC to use the Wiimote or the WiiU Tablet.

26 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

Basically, personally I think the Wii and Wii U are better for gaming then a PC unless you can get a PC to use the Wiimote or the WiiU Tablet.

remember wii being big in some areas and fun, kind of sad they gone away from that. while there was some bugs and issues, it did okey.

Also its the combination of everything trying to work together, something Nintendo is far in the past, more so with the online content.

but I guess the switch can fill a lot of the boxes, except it's performance.

On 6/22/2022 at 1:09 PM, pimanrules said:

I'm sure it wasn't intentionally misleading, but especially since it's a sponsored video, I feel like the scene at 9:48 should have some sort of disclaimer. We have Linus talking about how good the anti-glare coating is for the reflection of the windows, then immediately cut to a scene of the windows being reflected in the TV with the entire screen blurred out. 

image.thumb.png.0c07843683841fd9723ffd06472905d0.png

It's obvious enough if you look at it closely that it's blurred to hide the windows, but I could see it easily tricking someone (esp. on mobile) into thinking the anti-glare coating is unusually effective. 

LMAO you are right, his hand is blurred.

But tbf it could have been done to hide a part of the place from the public view.

1 hour ago, Jorgemeister said:

LMAO you are right, his hand is blurred.

But tbf it could have been done to hide a part of the place from the public view.

Yeah obviously it was done for that, but I think his point is that it should be mentioned or cut, as to not create false expectations. And I'd say it's a legitimate point.

14 hours ago, Middcore said:

It's failure is to me still and unknown, because the games on it were clearly great, since about half of it was ported to the Switch, and are among the very best Switch games.

But regardless, how is that even remotely relevant? If they like it, that's all that matters, and the fact it's hooked up, tells us that they like it.

It also plays Wii games, and it doesn't require a PC, and for kids you want to keep it simple, so not using a PC for it is much easier. And even if you can use a PC properly, I still very much believe it is the better choice.

Why I find it offensive, is that you take an aggressive approach and keep filling in things about their kids and them as parents, as to why they make certain choices.

Obviously it's up to them what they will and will not show about their family, but instead of asking: "Hey, does anyone know why Linus still has the Wii U", you go filling in stories about their family, and imo that's not ok.

Just now, Neroon said:

Why I find it offensive, is that you take an aggressive approach

No, I didn't.

Just now, Neroon said:

and keep filling in things about their kids

The only thing I said about their kids was that they seemed too young to have played any games on the Wii U when those games first came out. 

Just now, Neroon said:

and them as parents

No, I didn't. 

Only person making up stories and being aggressive here is you. I'm adding you to my ignore list now. 

Does anyone know what fans those are with the anti-vibration rubber?  (Link?) Doesn’t it seem weird he is using them to replace the existing Noctua ones and calling it an upgrade?  

37 minutes ago, fredpenr said:

Does anyone know what fans those are with the anti-vibration rubber?  (Link?) Doesn’t it seem weird he is using them to replace the existing Noctua ones and calling it an upgrade?  

The new ones appear to be Noctua also, at least I don't know anybody else in the space who uses shit brown as one of their brand colors, and if they're newer they must be better right? (😏