Use copper sheets to water cool a laptop

Long speech but in a video: 

It is not that practical, but doable.

I think it might be a good idea for some cases, such as laptop cooling. It might be easier than using normal CPU water block and can easily cool all the component, like GPU, RAM, SSD at once. The other benefit might be after all that copper sheet, the thickness of the laptop barely change at all. 

And since we can design the water channel as needed, so it technically can fit any motherboard layout in 2D.

For electronic isolation, I believe it can be easily done by adding a layer of electricity tape.

If we want to keep the original cooling system, then we can just cool the heat pipe (by removing the back cover). In this case, making the back cover more detachable will be a must.

29 minutes ago, nideii said:

Long speech but in a video: 

It is not that practical, but doable.

I think it might be a good idea for some cases, such as laptop cooling. It might be easier than using normal CPU water block and can easily cool all the component, like GPU, RAM, SSD at once. The other benefit might be after all that copper sheet, the thickness of the laptop barely change at all. 

And since we can design the water channel as needed, so it technically can fit any motherboard layout in 2D.

For electronic isolation, I believe it can be easily done by adding a layer of electricity tape.

If we want to keep the original cooling system, then we can just cool the heat pipe (by removing the back cover). In this case, making the back cover more detachable will be a must.

I think You forgot to account for the rad and the tubes.
it will increase footprint, weight, and noise.
And most likely reduce portability. (The reason most if not all people buy laptop for)

At that point... it's pretty much a mini PC or an itx desktop build IMHO.

And i dunno for sure, but that much copper gonna be quite a sum.
https://www.metaloffcuts.co.uk/product/natural-copper-sheet/

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

On 6/20/2022 at 5:15 AM, Poinkachu said:

I think You forgot to account for the rad and the tubes.
it will increase footprint, weight, and noise.
And most likely reduce portability. (The reason most if not all people buy laptop for)

At that point... it's pretty much a mini PC or an itx desktop build IMHO.

And i dunno for sure, but that much copper gonna be quite a sum.
https://www.metaloffcuts.co.uk/product/natural-copper-sheet/

I think it will be more like a cooling station thing, or just for the sake to cool a laptop.

Indeed, the copper sheet is very expensive, but I assume that only the face touch the motherboard needs to be copper, the rest can be acrylic instead.

What's more, there are not that much copper needs to be there, just using acrylic panel to create water channel for water block might cut the cost a lot. But, at this point, it will be "hard plate cooling" compare to "hard/soft tube water cooling". I think this will look way more cooler than using tubes since we can see through it.

8.96g/cm^3 * 50cm * 50cm * 0.3cm = 6720g

Raw copper price: ~$9 per kg, that sheet will be $60 usd.