Using HTC vive wireless without pcie

Hello, 

I have big heavy gaming rig. But after the birth of my baby I am not using it, other than backup purposes. 

It has HTC vive wireless Pcie card in it. 

I want to change it to a mini pc, with ryzen cpu g series, without any extra graphics card. Or a laptop if I find a cheap gaming one. Hence it won't be so heavy. 

How can I plug my HTC vive  Pcie card to them from USB3 port? Any ideas? 

You do know that no igpu is powerfull enough to run the vive right? Like not even close.

You need a pcie slot for the pcie vive card there is no way around it.

You can just get a small atx or micro atx case and call that a day.

Few years ago, I wanted the best computer buyable and bought two gtx 1080 to make sli. Later on I figured, there is no performans benefit. So I take one out to use at work. Nowadays all I want is to make it run in minimum settings. I don't have time to play anyways. I just want the ability to play 3d thats all. If I ever try to code a game for fun. I will code it for slow computers anyways. 

I was thinking of changing computers at work to mini pc to make them more carry_able. So carrying them to clean will be easy. So I don't want to buy another case... But it is just a thought... 

12 hours ago, Tugalsan said:

Few years ago, I wanted the best computer buyable and bought two gtx 1080 to make sli. Later on I figured, there is no performans benefit. So I take one out to use at work. Nowadays all I want is to make it run in minimum settings. I don't have time to play anyways. I just want the ability to play 3d thats all. If I ever try to code a game for fun. I will code it for slow computers anyways. 

I was thinking of changing computers at work to mini pc to make them more carry_able. So carrying them to clean will be easy. So I don't want to buy another case... But it is just a thought... 

You need to buy another case then anyway.

But really if you want to keep using your pcie card. Simply just get a matx board and the new bitfenix prodigy 2022. It has mesh in the front and handles. Pretty easily carryable.

Sounds like you have a good computer now so why not just either get a smaller case (which you'll need to do anyway) or downgrade the size of the board to go even smaller?

a riotoro cr1080 for example is a really really small atx case.

And as for cleaning. It's a small bit of extra effort to carry it thats all? Something you do maybe twice a years so doesn't seem like a big deal.

Also doesn't help that itx systems are usually a much bigger pain to clean.

Prodigy looks cute. That gives me the idea to produce my own custom case. Thanks.

I have sheet metal working and powder coating company anyway. It will be a good hobby. And will probably take 1 year of my time to tune the design 😛