Black Screen With GPU Fans Spinning At Max

PainFocus

Hello, I've had this issue for coming up 2 weeks. Basically when ever i go to play games for example Valorant ill load into a match then as soon as i load in my pc screen with go black all USB items stilling connected and audio still paying however I cant do anything. My GPU fans ramp up to max at this point as well. I can recreate this issue very easily. I have to hard turn off the computer by holding down the power button. I can resolve this issue by playing on the lowest settings possible. I have tried everything you could imagine, Reinstalling drivers using DDU, down grading drivers, cleaning all the PCIE cables, replacing the cable that goes into my wall to PSU, I've even tried putting new thermal paste on my GPU. I 100% know its my GPU because I put my old gt 710 into my system and it ran as it should. I've scrolled through countless forums that all say the same thing, replace thermal paste or downgrade drivers. I've tried all these things and cant find the fix. I know i could just buy a new GPU however I cant afford to buy any pc parts. I have also tried a new PSU and it didn't resolve the issue.

Rysen 5 2600 
GTX 1650 MSI
Corsair vengeance 16gb 3000mhz 
Gigabyte B450M-DS3H
EVGA 500w PSU

This sounds fairly typical of a failing GPU, as you may have guessed. You could try downloading the utility OCCT, which allows you to stress test your GPU core and VRAM separately and see if either or both of those cause this issue. If this is a power delivery issue in your VRM you may be able to underclock and undervolt to mitigate the issue until you're able to buy a new GPU. If it's an issue with the GPU core you may be SOL.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

Thanks for the Information man i cant say its the best to hear but ill try deal with it. I can try your OCCT program and ill get back to you with an update.

6 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

What are the temps under load?

3 hours ago, BigDamn said:

This sounds fairly typical of a failing GPU, as you may have guessed. You could try downloading the utility OCCT, which allows you to stress test your GPU core and VRAM separately and see if either or both of those cause this issue. If this is a power delivery issue in your VRM you may be able to underclock and undervolt to mitigate the issue until you're able to buy a new GPU. If it's an issue with the GPU core you may be SOL.

DO you have any further information for me, ive ran the OOCT for vram and it was fine. Ill do the core now.

20 hours ago, PainFocus said:

DO you have any further information for me, ive ran the OOCT for vram and it was fine. Ill do the core now.

Depends on how the core test went. With VRAM passing I would hedge towards this not being a power delivery issue, and an issue with the GPU itself.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD