Home Theater Setup

I've spent about 8 hours trying to find the best solution for a in home 5.1 surround sound system under $500. This is the list of all the items I believe I need for this setup: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3C0M0UCI9BF1H?ref_=wl_share Are the speaker, subwoofer, and receiver brands that I used good. Also am I missing anything for this setup? Please let me know and whether there is any better solutions.

59 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

I've spent about 8 hours trying to find the best solution for a in home 5.1 surround sound system under $500. This is the list of all the items I believe I need for this setup: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3C0M0UCI9BF1H?ref_=wl_share Are the speaker, subwoofer, and receiver brands that I used good. Also am I missing anything for this setup? Please let me know and whether there is any better solutions.

Why do you want in wall speakers? I'd get a set of bookshelf to towers and a praper center channel myself... This set up seems less than "best" in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Why do you want in wall speakers? I'd get a set of bookshelf to towers and a praper center channel myself... This set up seems less than "best" in my opinion.

It's because I want a clean look. It's is still good though, right? Let me Know of other ideas then?

43 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

It's because I want a clean look. It's is still good though, right? Let me Know of other ideas then?

I can't say, I've never used those in wall speakers, but the ones I have used, let's just say that I won't be switching my bookshelf speakers anytime soon.

And if you are planning to use them for movies, how do you plan to position them accurately?

Two front Channels - left & Right

Two Rear Surrounds - Left & Right

One Center

Red = couch/chair

brown = table/bench

black circle = speakers

beige = subwoofer

purple = kitchen

Sorry it was hard to depict this and the sizing is not fully accurate.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.69d44891c0a64595a7a378b437a99659.jpg

1 hour ago, RyanWakileh said:

One Center

Red = couch/chair

brown = table/bench

black circle = speakers

beige = subwoofer

purple = kitchen

The center speaker is supposed to be center of the TV, not center of the room. Also, really rethink having down firing speakers. Positional audio is going to sound so odd with this setup. At least for the front left center and right. 

3 hours ago, RyanWakileh said:

One Center

Red = couch/chair

brown = table/bench

black circle = speakers

beige = subwoofer

purple = kitchen

Untitled.thumb.jpg.69d44891c0a64595a7a378b437a99659.jpg

This is not a true surround-sound setup unfortunately. Surround sound is more than just the number of speakers. A 5.1 system is not just 5 speakers and a subwoofer, it refers to a specific setup of speakers as e.g. Dolby provides a reference for. Speaker placement is important for its ability to accurately create the intended soundscape. Such a setup ideally looks like this, with the speakers at ear-height when sitting at the listening position:

5_1_spkrplc.jpg?width=2048&quality=80

If you're set on everything to be in-ceiling and this is just about spreading sound across the room, then you'll probably be best off with the receiver set to "multi-channel stereo" so it outputs a regular stereo signal to all speakers and forego surround-sound. If you want a surround setup and if the couches are the listening position I would try something like this: no centre channel, front left and right bookshelves on stands or floorstanding speakers near the table, pointing to the couch on the far left; move the couches a bit further down and put the surrounds in the corners firing diagonally.

Untitled.jpg.0804dd5d7e55c71da541ec7ae96d73ae.thumb.jpg.25eef68e6f52e369c52f5e87c7337e59.jpg

WIth the TV off to the side it'll be difficult any way. This is the best that comes to mind currently.

6 hours ago, RyanWakileh said:

Are the speaker, subwoofer, and receiver brands that I used good. Also am I missing anything for this setup? Please let me know and whether there is any better solutions.

What will be the use case?

The speakers I don't know. They'll probably be around average. I've never heard of that brand receiver and it also doesn't mention support for any of the common audio encodings out there such as Dolby Digital (Plus) from streaming services and TrueHD or DTS from Blu-Rays, so I would not recommend it if that'll be among your use case. If you intend to watch movies and want to leverage the better audio (and in general honestly), I think you'd be much better off with a more reputable brand such as an entry-level Denon unit or something like the Yamaha RX-385 (or its newer equivalent). I have the RX-485, which is basically the bigger brother with some extra stuff, and it's a nice unit that at least supports the aforementioned common formats:

https://pyleusa.com/products/pt694bt
What receiver can I use?

What type of surround technology is used on this model? Is it Dolby Digital or DTS?
PT694BT surround technology we didn't use Dolby Digital or DTS. It uses digital technology algorithms.

If a receiver has an FAQ asking which receiver it can use, I say turn around...

7 hours ago, RyanWakileh said:

I've spent about 8 hours trying to find the best solution for a in home 5.1 surround sound system under $500.

This is just really difficult depending on what you are after. You'll notice that good surround receivers tend to start at the $300-500 mark and that speaker placement is rather important for the full experience. That is why you so often see the recommendation to start with stereo and then build out. It cushions the financial hit and gives you time to figure out placement and if you're happy. Another reason is that by doing it in reverse and trying to push a full setup in such a constrained budget you'll sacrifice quality potentially a lot. You see this in the chosen receiver, for example, not supporting any of the common audio codecs.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Dude, you've been trying to overthink this ever since you started posting 2 dozen threads on the same topic.

You're trying to use 3D speaker placement for 2D audio.  You're trying to go for "Clean and flush" while rigidly adhering to a strict budget.  You have no experience with surround sound and you want to go directly to in-wall solutions.  And all because your original complaint was that the audio wasn't loud enough to be audible from certain seats.

None of that makes sense.  I gave you my $.02.  Either go with a 2.1 so you don't have to run any cabling--and it will still be MASSIVELY improved over stock on-board TV speakers; or go with a cheap 5.1, floor stands, and some cable channels.

Ripping into drywall for version 1.0 without having even tested the efficacy of various solutions for the space in question....is inane at best.