How do i extract a pictures from game files?

Hey guys,

so i wanted to use a pictures which is used in the game world of warships but since they are stored in pkg files i have no idea how exactly it works and which programm to use for it.

Does anyone have any tipps ? Would be very appreciated!

What is the picture? Are you sure there isn't a simpler way of obtaining it? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

7 minutes ago, Middcore said:

What is the picture? Are you sure there isn't a simpler way of obtaining it? 

so basically i want the original picture of the commander skills. here a picture of on of then for reference (just the white emblem/logo) . https://gyazo.com/5513a16e2965813635e70f13081731a0

tried 7 zip but it doesnt work. and i tried taking a screenshot and using image trace in illustrator but it always missed some parts

(maybe photoship works but i never really used it since i want no background)

10 minutes ago, radical1412 said:

Can you not use Ansel to get a good quality screenshot?

not an option

Just now, xSolitude said:

so basically i want the original picture of the commander skills. here a picture of on of then for reference (just the white emblem/logo) . https://gyazo.com/5513a16e2965813635e70f13081731a0

tried 7 zip but it doesnt work. and i tried taking a screenshot and using image trace in illustrator but it always missed some parts

(maybe photoship works but i never really used it since i want no background)

So you just want the icons for each one? 

Have you looked at the skills page on the WoWs wiki? https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:List_of_Commander_Skills 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

for some game engines' packaged assets there exist extraction tools, but for some (for example, blizzard's current system) it's really not feasible to make an extraction tool, because without prior knowledge of the contents, it's not possible to extract said contents.

10 minutes ago, Middcore said:

So you just want the icons for each one? 

Have you looked at the skills page on the WoWs wiki? https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:List_of_Commander_Skills 

yes but the quality isnt very good and the wrong colour but i guess its he easiest option so i will try to find a way to change it in photoshop maybe

2 minutes ago, xSolitude said:

yes but the quality isnt very good and the wrong colour but i guess its he easiest option so i will try to find a way to change it in photoshop maybe

Trace over it in illustrator. That would probably be the easiest option.