Random restart with no error or warning

MGPenguin

I have had a couple of issues with. My new and first PC, Regarding multiplayer games. It is most commonly. Done on EA multiplayer games. After X amount of time ( the time is random) my computer would completely restart it will not blue screen or show an error when the computer restarted. it just goes black, and then i get the boot icon. this crash is random, and sometimes it works great other times it fails to even load the game.

And My first assumption was that it was a temperature issue however, According to NVIDIA  Performance overlay. My graphics card temperature does not exceed 70 And my CPU does not exceed 60. On top of the heat assumption being thrown out the door if I am working in 3D or photogrammetry my temperatures rise higher than 70 and 60 respectively but my computer does not crash.

I have also checked the power consumption During both gaming and work and my work draws way more watts then gaming.

The next thing on my listed check was the software even though that was one of the simplest things to check and fix I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the games multiple times. i also updated all drives for my GPU, and my Mother Board.

I have even taken my computer apart and put it back together 2 times. same issue.

MSI motherboard

AMD 5900X

Nvidia 3060 12GB

64 GB 4000 MHZ Ram

OSDrive, WD M.2

What does event viewer show around the time of these power anomalies? 

Snowblind: i7 7700K | Corsair H100i V2 | EVGA 1070 SC | Aorus Gaming K7 |16GB Corsair Vengence 3200Mhz | MX300 275GB M.2 | WD Blue 1TB | NZXT S340 Elite (White)

11 minutes ago, Syfter said:

What does event viewer show around the time of these power anomalies? 

it shows nothing abnormal.  steady GPU and CPU% temps under control and same with Fans and power draw

If it's easy for you to do I would try another PSU anyways.

PSU's are weird. A heavier workload doesn't necessarily mean more unstable. A game may cause more instability because of more frequent fluctuations in demand regardless of if those demands are lower.

I could be wrong but if temps are reporting good the PSU would be the second thing I test. You could also test your RAM as it can cause these types of issues as well. For that you can try MemTestx86.

18 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If it's easy for you to do I would try another PSU anyways.

PSU's are weird. A heavier workload doesn't necessarily mean more unstable. A game may cause more instability because of more frequent fluctuations in demand regardless of if those demands are lower.

I could be wrong but if temps are reporting good the PSU would be the second thing I test. You could also test your RAM as it can cause these types of issues as well. For that you can try MemTestx86.

ill give my Ram a test, my PSU is seasonic 850W platinum.  as much as i think hardware would be the main reason for the restart, its only with select EA games. (apex, all Battle field, and Battle Front) i can play ARK, Blender, Wonderlands, and Borderlands with 0 issue.