Is there a resource with a roundup of a bunch of GPUs from different AIBs but the same core? Like lots of 3070, for example

FIXXX

Wanted to look at the feasibility of comparing lots of 3070 models from various manufacturers but what I'm mostly finding is "The best" or whatever. What I want to see how big is the delta between the lower, mid and top tiers because I recall that in previous years it really wasn't THAT huge.

Unfortunately, looking at different reviewers isn't feasible since their benchmark setups aren't the same.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

Hardware unboxed and. GN are good for that

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Hardware unboxed and. GN are good for that

Alright. Will have to take a deeper look at their articles. Lots of em' 🙂

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

5 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Alright. Will have to take a deeper look at their articles. Lots of em' 🙂

They both have a website.  There should be graphs.  Might be patreon only, but I doubt it. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

They both have a website.  There should be graphs.  Might be patreon only, but I doubt it. 

You would be surprised. There is no actual roundup. Closest is one with OC comparisons among 3 models.

From someone else I found this BUT it doesn't actually show working numbers in games. Just actual running hardware data.

The numbers in games will be within a range of 5% at the most.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

15 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The numbers in games will be within a range of 5% at the most.

That's what I'm expecting for the lowest and maybe some mid-tier because they cannot auto-OC due to temp limitations. Limitations that are lessened in more expensive models which can boost better, and longer thanks to better fans, power circuits, etc

Anyway. I'll spend an hour looking at a few common game benchmarks for some models. I might even enjoy it.

4 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

That's what I'm expecting for the lowest and maybe some mid-tier because they cannot auto-OC due to temp limitations. Limitations that are lessened in more expensive models which can boost better, and longer thanks to better fans, power circuits, etc

Nah. 

The delta between the "best" say, 3080 and the "worst" one is probably about 5% in real-world performance.

You should buy based on price, looks, and any opinions you have about whose support you want to deal with if something goes wrong.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 hours ago, Middcore said:

Nah. 

The delta between the "best" say, 3080 and the "worst" one is probably about 5% in real-world performance.

You should buy based on price, looks, and any opinions you have about whose support you want to deal with if something goes wrong.

I suspect that 3080s are binned more tightly since a lower number of those reach the expected core and memory frequencies. While 3070 have a wider margin.