3600 mhz ram won't run at 3600 mhz

I recently built a brand new computer, my first one ever. It went pretty smooth and (IMO) look great. I booted it up for the first time and the ram is not up to speed. I adjust the D.O.C.P. and it still doesn't work. I set the ram speed manually to 3600 mhz, but it still isn't working. I looked online but no one seemed to have an answer. Does anyone know the problem/have a way to fix this?

Parts List:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

EVGA Nvidia 3070 ti

ASUS ROG Strix B550-f wifi motherboard

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb 3600 mhz DDR4

Samsung 970 evo plus 2tb

These are the only parts that I could think would maybe affect ram speed. If more parts need to be listed, just let me know.

9 minutes ago, Caleb B said:

2133 mhz, just checked

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses.

Does the motherboard have different docp settings? Does the system boot if you enable docp then reduce the frequency to something like 3466?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

26 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses.

Does the motherboard have different docp settings? Does the system boot if you enable docp then reduce the frequency to something like 3466?

I only have two settings, auto and docp. I could have the wrong version of BIOS. Also, it says in advanced bios that I am running 3600mhz, but in easy bios it still says 2133 mhz.

2 minutes ago, Caleb B said:

I only have two settings, auto and docp. I could have the wrong version of BIOS. Also, it says in advanced bios that I am running 3600mhz, but in easy bios it still says 2133 mhz.

in easy BIOS, it will show the current setting and the XMP/DOCP profile enabled. 3600 is what you have via the DOCP profile but it will remain 2133 until the system restarts (unfortunately in your case the speed doesn't take)

the CPU might also need a bit of memory training, have you tried a few times to enable DOCP and reboot?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

36 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

in easy BIOS, it will show the current setting and the XMP/DOCP profile enabled. 3600 is what you have via the DOCP profile but it will remain 2133 until the system restarts (unfortunately in your case the speed doesn't take)

the CPU might also need a bit of memory training, have you tried a few times to enable DOCP and reboot?

I did it once (on accident - I'm new to this) so I'll try it some more

Does your bios have a memory option called "Memory Try It"?  Or is that only MSI?

3 hours ago, Caleb B said:

I recently built a brand new computer, my first one ever. It went pretty smooth and (IMO) look great. I booted it up for the first time and the ram is not up to speed. I adjust the D.O.C.P. and it still doesn't work. I set the ram speed manually to 3600 mhz, but it still isn't working. I looked online but no one seemed to have an answer. Does anyone know the problem/have a way to fix this?

Parts List:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

EVGA Nvidia 3070 ti

Samsung 970 evo plus 2tb

These are the only parts that I could think would maybe affect ram speed. If more parts need to be listed, just let me know.

see my post above...

14 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

see my post above...

I'll check

20 hours ago, JKRsega said:

Does your bios have a memory option called "Memory Try It"?  Or is that only MSI?

I don't believe it does.

8 minutes ago, Caleb B said:

I don't believe it does.

Ah, sorry.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:30 AM, Caleb B said:

Parts List:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

EVGA Nvidia 3070 ti

Samsung 970 evo plus 2tb

The memory controller just doesn't like 32GB of memory running 3600mhz.

The Memory controller may handle it at 3200mhz. 

Leave XMP enabled but manually set DRAM frequency to 3200mhz. Or 32.0X multiplier however the bios is setup.

Do some testing, let me know if this works for you. (with stability)

3 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

The memory controller just doesn't like 32GB of memory running 3600mhz.

The Memory controller may handle it at 3200mhz. 

Leave XMP enabled but manually set DRAM frequency to 3200mhz. Or 32.0X multiplier however the bios is setup.

Do some testing, let me know if this works for you. (with stability)

I'll try this. Thanks for the info btw

1 hour ago, Caleb B said:

I'll try this. Thanks for the info btw

Hey, you're welcome!