Backpack updates

Jordan Lane

Any recent updates on backpack release? Last I heard was summer

In the most recent WAN show, he mentioned that he may have some backpacks available for SALE for his popup shop, and is likely to open preorders after reviews are mentioned from the popup shop

I love LMG, and what I'd like is a "Blackpack-type" backpack that had a single chord, charging a lot of usb-a/c devices with ac charging as well and lots of cable management implemented.

Linus has said that the pop-up shop will be sometime before back to school which, from my googling, would seem to indicate some point in August. Hopefully that means we'll be able to have our screwdrivers and/or backpacks in September.

Looking forward to the backpack so I can finally relegate my old North Face bag to work-only. On one hand the wait sucks, but on the other hand it's a good thing Linus does so much testing to ensure a quality trouble-free product when it comes out. 

• 2 weeks later...

hey guy i got a chance to snag a backpack i thought i would post pictures of the backpack for people on the forums don't be afraid to ask me any questions about it.

i personally love it 

IMG_8622.JPG

IMG_8623.JPG

IMG_8624.JPG

IMG_8625.JPG

IMG_8626.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

IMG_8628.JPG

IMG_8629.JPG

IMG_8630.JPG

IMG_8631.JPG

IMG_8632.JPG

IMG_8633.JPG

Man… If I didn’t have to work today I would have been on the 6am boat from the island to stand in line lol. How busy was it?

25 minutes ago, DominusFaber said:

Man… If I didn’t have to work today I would have been on the 6am boat from the island to stand in line lol. How busy was it?

I'm pretty sure it was something like 100 people?

3 minutes ago, Marocy said:

I'm pretty sure it was something like 100 people?

Not bad actually. Guess you didn’t need to wait too long I guess. 

I wasn't too sure about the backpack. Don't really have a purpose for it and my laptop bag covers what I carry... but that orange liner nearly has me sold. I can't how many times I've lost a dongle in my bag due to the dark liner.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

7 minutes ago, vetali said:

I wasn't too sure about the backpack. Don't really have a purpose for it and my laptop bag covers what I carry... but that orange liner nearly has me sold. I can't how many times I've lost a dongle in my bag due to the dark liner.

And I here looking at my falling apart bag waiting to get my hands on this one 🤣

3 hours ago, Marocy said:

hey guy i got a chance to snag a backpack i thought i would post pictures of the backpack for people on the forums don't be afraid to ask me any questions about it.

i personally love it 

IMG_8622.JPG

IMG_8623.JPG

IMG_8624.JPG

IMG_8625.JPG

IMG_8626.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

IMG_8628.JPG

IMG_8629.JPG

IMG_8630.JPG

IMG_8631.JPG

IMG_8632.JPG

IMG_8633.JPG

How is the material/build quality? & How are the water bottle storage options?

Thanks

Looks like a beast! Not sure if it's been asked anywhere else, but I'm curious about the dimensions - I couldn't find them anywhere, and it's hard to get a sense of scale from the pictures... Don't suppose you'd mind taking a measuring tape to her?

5 hours ago, GHamBoot said:

How is the material/build quality? & How are the water bottle storage options?

Thanks

It feels and looks high quality, the Materials that are used for the backpacks seem very good, something you should get out of a 325CAD/250USD priced backpack. Currently on it’s own the backpack is water “resistant” i’m curious to know what would happen if it was coated with water proofing spray I think al leave it to someone else or wait a bit and to get use to it. For the water bottle storage I managed to fit a 32 oz hydro flask (3.56in diameter) with it fitting pretty snug no movement. the ltt 40 oz (3.5in) is just a Touch smaller. 

73CB6C76-1905-4347-8EAB-42B08D6D5DCA.jpeg

4989D163-365F-405C-9E35-2F1023843DF7.jpeg

FCDB9D11-B1AB-45FD-9493-9A8FD0853FCF.jpeg

F3F92282-8935-4AED-8D4D-4D745A9F4078.jpeg

52080E73-FB69-452E-96CD-13D0DDDEF973.jpeg

A2337566-7081-4AC4-8DDF-A9565E50ED23.jpeg

4 hours ago, Bimlolz said:

Looks like a beast! Not sure if it's been asked anywhere else, but I'm curious about the dimensions - I couldn't find them anywhere, and it's hard to get a sense of scale from the pictures... Don't suppose you'd mind taking a measuring tape to her?

Sure!

I used a Sewing measuring tape for getting these dimensions might differ from half an inch either way, if there are official measurements I would go off those personally.

Circumference by diameter 13.85in / 35.17cm

(Front) Length 13.5in / 34.29cm

(Side) Width 10in / 25.4cm

Height 17.5in / 44.45cm

Appreciate the comments guys.

It looks great, but way too big for me. This is definitely 1 of those big traveling kind of backpacks, whereas I want something simple for daily use (who doesn't take a ton of stuff with them), so hopefully they make something smaller after they got the supply for this in order.

Or I will just buy something from another brand of course.

Is there any news about a possible 40 ounce water bottle plus backpack bundle?  I would be interested in such a package.

7 hours ago, Marocy said:

4989D163-365F-405C-9E35-2F1023843DF7.jpeg

FCDB9D11-B1AB-45FD-9493-9A8FD0853FCF.jpeg

The water bottle holder is really the biggest thing I feel like I'd need to test out since I'm so used to from Elementary School to University having the water bottle be in an outside pocket of a bag, but also with water bottles eventually falling out of the pack. Inside water bottle holder does seem like a fix but seems like it would also add a good 10 seconds or so every time you want to grab water.

Don't think I'd mind the inside bottle holder. Better for security, and could stop the odd stray Jayztwocents fan from standing behind you and licking your water bottle. j/k, I like Jay, too. But I think my main concern for the backpack is how rigid it is. Would it be hard to stuff places, like behind a seat, or in an overhead compartment? It looks fairly robust, maybe to the point of difficulty in that regard. I do like the orange liner a lot. Clearly appears to be a quality product all around. Thanks for sharing pictures, Marocy. 

30 minutes ago, gravitywave said:

But I think my main concern for the backpack is how rigid it is. Would it be hard to stuff places, like behind a seat, or in an overhead compartment?

Yes me too. I would like to see/know how "public transport" friendly it is. 

Would it be possible for someone to post photos of the AirTag/tracker pouch, and the passport pocket? Thanks!

Anyone who got at the pop up shop put a binder in it? Would love to know if a binder or two would fit.

figures

cool! It's made of recycled plastic.

How's the stitching on the straps? Is it done at least double?

Are the zipper thingies metal? idk what they're called but the teeth on the zipper?

Looks like the stitching on the zipper is good.

I have an old backpack I got from wallmart for $20 and the zipper teeth unaligned cuz of the zipper stitching or something and it was an awesome backpack.

Right now I have a low cost laptop backpack but it's pretty small. Fine for my use, but curious.

Ive been watching the development of this backpack keenly, and being a user of the Everki Onyx 15inch backpack as my everyday backpack for the past few years (similar bag layout and materials, similar pricetag, similar on most fronts) i am very interested to see how this is, and am keen to get hands on experience wit it when its buyable

Has anyone else noticed the similarities between the everki onyx and the lttstore backpack?