I NEED HELP WITH TIMINGS - Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory & AORUS B450M

i need some help an advice on tightening my timings on my 2 sets of

Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory & gigabyte AORUS B450M

im currently running a 2933mhz i was at 3200mhz but found it more stable at 29.33

with 1.35v the current timings are 16-19-19-42 these are the default untouched

were should i start in adjusting i dont use xmp as it made the pc at

boot an main desktop load hang up more about 12sec extra at boot an 7 at desktop load after sign in

on pop os 21.04

without xmp it didnt hang up but the could be from not the best timings

note xmp hang up was same at 3200 also

so any help on this would help ?

my load out setup is

cpu - 2600x oc to 4.07ghz

mobo - gigabyte AORUS B450M

ram - 2 x Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16

gpu - gigabyte aorus 1660 super oc g1 - vertical mounted

drives - 2 x Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD ( 1 va pci adapter )

cpu cooler - arctic freezer II 120MM aio

psu - evga supernova g3 650watt (with cablemods custom cables)

fans - x 6 NOCTUA ( 2x 140mm industrialPPC-3000 PWM ) top exhaust ( 4 x 120mm industrialPPC-3000 PWM ) 1 rear 3 front intakes

case - Corsair 275R Airflow ( custom yellow paint job )

Monitor - AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor

mouse - Logitech G502 HERO Wired Optical Mouse

keyboard - Drop Shift Mechanical Keyboard Anodized Aluminum (Gray, Barebones) with

Switches - Kailh Box Ancient Grey & Kailh BOX dark yellow

Keycaps - Retro Steampunk Set

dac - Grace Design Standard DAC Balanced

amp - schiit magnius

cans - monolith m570

363160.3b00622be22a7f972e9dcc3c50a1390f.1600.jpg

363160.7d5b0a9f836db57461a0fcae162b9771.1600.jpg

And the processors is..... ?

I have some similar ram judging by the timings, maybe mine are slightly worse. I tried to run them at 3600 and had to clear my cmos lol.. My Adatas are total shit stix.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I have some similar ram judging by the timings, maybe mine are slightly worse. I tried to run them at 3600 and had to clear my cmos lol.. My Adatas are total shit stix.

Come on man. Those Adata gotta be better than my cheapy XMP 2667mhz PNY set. I pulled 3800mhz from those bad boys! At some 22-24-24-44 timing sets but only 1.35v. I', sure you've seen the thread! Gotta loosen them up quite a bit and they'll OC a little bit. (Did mine on the 8700K...)

6 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

Come on man. Those Adata gotta be better than my cheapy XMP 2667mhz PNY set. I pulled 3800mhz from those bad boys! At some 22-24-24-44 timing sets but only 1.35v. I', sure you've seen the thread! Gotta loosen them up quite a bit and they'll OC a little bit. (Did mine on the 8700K...)

Lol I am sure they are.. they are 3200 16-20-20-40 something at 1.35. I tried those stock timings at 3600 with 1.45v for their first boot and my board did not like that idea one bit lol. Such a difference from B-Die.. its all I know right now 😄

Maybe tomorrow I will play with it some more.. 

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Lol I am sure they are.. they are 3200 16-20-20-40 something at 1.35. I tried those stock timings at 3600 with 1.45v for their first boot and my board did not like that idea one bit lol. Such a difference from B-Die.. its all I know right now 😄

Maybe tomorrow I will play with it some more.. 

Yeah, more voltage doesn't seem to help a lot of the memory that's out there. The die shrink. A-Die, C-Die, D-die and so forth just does not respond to more volts. 

But I bet somerandomtechboi could help you set the voltage way up on your DDR4 Adata sticks. Think maybe 2.2v should get you like 3333mhz maybe?!!! hahahaaa

3 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

Yeah, more voltage doesn't seem to help a lot of the memory that's out there. The die shrink. A-Die, C-Die, D-die and so forth just does not respond to more volts. 

But I bet somerandomtechboi could help you set the voltage way up on your DDR4 Adata sticks. Think maybe 2.2v should get you like 3333mhz maybe?!!! hahahaaa

If anyone would know, it would be him, even I know that.. That kid is hardcore! He means well though, he is very passionate about the hobby 🙂

But when you get used to big numbers, you want to use them all the time right, so you try to find a way to do it..

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

If anyone would know, it would be him, even I know that.. That kid is hardcore! He means well though, he is very passionate about the hobby 🙂

But when you get used to big numbers, you want to use them all the time right, so you try to find a way to do it..

I agree. He's a great kid (15 years old). Has a good head on his shoulders. His age, lack of money and probably his location don't help with getting newer hardware to play with. If he was in the US, I'd totally help him out. 

I like big numbers. Broke a lot of hardware trying for big numbers. Most of the time, I don't give people ideas for big numbers, cause here, that's not what most are after. 

1 hour ago, Guest 5150 said:

I like big numbers. Broke a lot of hardware trying for big numbers. Most of the time, I don't give people ideas for big numbers, cause here, that's not what most are after. 

You are awesome at what you do, I would like to do what you and your kind do. Gotta talk to the old fellas and see if they have a drawing of something I can whip up at the shop. I run production, so my machine, and all the other machines in my section are running 19 hours a day. But I made friends with a guy in the custom section, and he has mills and lathes that he has full access to at any time.

All these guys here are awesome. Sometimes I wish I could be more helpful, but I hit the pipe as soon as I get home lol.. apparently that's when my sense of humor comes out 😄

Its my Friday and I am actually having a beer. Looking at what I have typed it is obvious I cant keep posting until I straighten out a bit 🙃

1 minute ago, freeagent said:

You are awesome at what you do, I would like to do what you and your kind do. Gotta talk to the old fellas and see if they have a drawing of something I can whip up at the shop. I run production, so my machine, and all the other machines in my section are running 19 hours a day. But I made friends with a guy in the custom section, and he has mills and lathes that he has full access to at any time.

All these guys here are awesome. Sometimes I wish I could be more helpful, but I hit the pipe as soon as I get home lol.. apparently that's when my sense of humor comes out 😄

Its my Friday and I am actually having a beer. Looking at what I have typed it is obvious I cant keep posting until I straighten out a bit 🙃

Happy Friday man!! Have one for me, I don't drink often anymore. 

Well thanks for the complement! You're pretty awesome too, I've read a lot of things you've done. I'm at the low end of my class though. Family life (having a second, then third.....) has made it financially hard to be on cutting edge tech every release. Time, I just sacrifice sleep lol. That's the easy part really. 

My Dice pot consists of a 2" brass pipe soldered to an Old ThermalTake water block. Which the O-Ring that sealed the acrylic top is an exact fit. Super easy quick DICE pot mod. Big Water SE I think ... dunno. Made that sucker probably a decade or longer ago. 

I make a LN2 pot for VGA as well. That one I never used and dismantled it. Just don't have that big of nuts lol. I did LN2 as cheap and smart as possible. Phenom II and FX chips on the cheapest 50$ motherboard and you can run a Full pot on that platform. FX will not cold bug at -175c. So it's a super cheap and easy way to get "extreme" and learn a little. I then applied some formulas from that experience to LN some more expensive hardware. 

Only for the thrills though. 😉