My Computer is Everywhere.

AdamFromLTT
20 minutes ago, Shadowbert said:

Holy crap. I mean this is a cool idea, and I'd be tempted to try it out, but $2kUSD? 馃ぎ

And I assume that doesn't contain any optic cable either...

What versions of this work well that don't cost as much as a new computer (sans GPU)?

Thunderbolt optical cable alongside a thunderbolt dock is likely the less expensive version which allows for the computer to be in a different room with some distance. It's still something that would be hundreds of dollars but it's what Linus used at his house before getting the Icron product. He had been using the TS3+ which is a 300$ USD dock.

Also looking for an overview of this setup - Looking to do the same with ~20m distance.

It's called WiFi

Or quantum entanglement, not sure which.聽

I edit my posts more often than not

Hi guys, first time poster here.聽

I am intrigued about a system like this, I watched the video and I heard words but did not understand them :').聽

We are building a house right now and I'm looking for help on something like this. My PC would be in a game room upstairs, my TV in the downstairs living room. Running cables is still an option if we are fast, next week the electrician is coming over to draw out the plans. In both rooms, close to the setups, there will be ethernet outlets where the TV and PC will plug into, is it possible to work with these? Do I have to work with HDMI (can I at longer lengths?)

How do you make it work properly? Not having to run upstairs to my pc and back to the TV to get everything to go nicely. And how about the controls? Above I read some stuff about apps, but won't this bring a lot of latency?聽

The sound from the PC would preferebly also come out of my audio setup (for now just a soundbar) and not the TV audio.聽

I have no clue how to get going or what I'm looking for so any help is VERY welcome!

The amount of the thats what she said moments

On 6/8/2022 at 3:11 AM, LinusTech said:

Yeah and it still has image retention sometimes. I'm excited to try out QD-OLED or Samsung G8. Both look kinda amazing.

Is that like 1 of the latest oled models you are running? I saw your video a while ago about the burn in with oleds (your work office screen), and I've seen people argue that this is not an issue with the 2021 and later oled models.

The combination of limited vertical room聽and the burn in, made it quite easy to not go oled, but I do wonder if newer oleds do not have these issues.

And yeah, QD-OLED does look amazing. If I can get an 32:9 in a few years for a good price, I would love to jump on that!

Any chance of showing us the list of equipment to make this work?

18 hours ago, Carl Drogoo said:

Any chance of showing us the list of equipment to make this work?

Dock he used at his previous house for his IO was the Caldigit TS3+.

The cable used in the previous house was Corning Fiber-optic Thunderbolt 3 Cable

Current dock for USB which is the Icron Fiber USB Raven 3124

With previous versions a PCIE card with Thunderbolt or a motherboard with thunderbolt was used to get display to pass through over Thunderbolt but with the current version they use fiber-optic display port.

He doesn't state what the fiber optic PCIE stuff he has in his computer.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:58 AM, Maximus1 said:

I have no clue how to get going or what I'm looking for so any help is VERY welcome!

I think that the thunderbolt choice is probably the more economical one as the Icron device is around $1,375 and that's without looking including the price of fiber-optic cables or optical display port or HDMI cables.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:45 AM, TheJambo said:

Also looking for an overview of this setup - Looking to do the same with ~20m distance.

Ill try and Link it. but my links were getting removed by LTT or the tubes Auto-mod

On 6/7/2022 at 11:02 AM, burrrrrr said:

Can someone on the LTT team explain the wiring to the office and duplication? Specifically:

- How does the HDMI wall port work聽 is wall port to server is fibre HDMI, with the fibre pair on the right being used for USB
https://youtu.be/NwXAIGmwC4I?t=317 ? Is the last mile run fibre or copper also? What hardware is used in both?

- How does display duplication work? Looks like the computer is set to replicate the display on multiple outputs, then the stereo mixer is used to switch HDMI inputs?

I'm interested in running a similar setup, and this stuff is pushing some fairly cutting edge boundaries in terms of what's actually achieved in a home environment, last thing I want is to buy a bunch of tech for it to not work 馃槢

the HDMI wall port is just a Extender. its a 2.4 female on both ends. that's it. The line coming into it is HDMI over fiber.聽
someone else linked the hardware he used but its Vastly over priced and too expensive.聽
Duplication is simply running 2 HDMI's out on the same system or you tap the HDMI port on the GPU, and pass 2.1 through and use a splitter to HDMI 2.0 4k 60hz (He mentions the Theater room is 60hz so I believe he is doing it that way.聽

On 6/7/2022 at 11:08 AM, wiselion said:

I would also love to see a link explaining all the components of this set-up, including any components the computer might need etc. if someone has one.

For example, something unexplained, how do the wireless game controllers work in the theatre room (are they connecting to the computer from that far away?). How do the other non-monitor peripherals connect to the computer?

someone linked the equip he used. but for most people its FAR overpriced and Unobtanium.聽 I linked what I use down below you can do 50 meters of USB and HDMI 2.1 for under $250

On 6/7/2022 at 5:30 PM, Dreadfullink said:

Yes I would like to know too. I am interested to know the products used. I think watching the video again Linus references display ports so perhaps its display port in the wall along with purely USB.c over fibre which is for peripherals and audio. So i dont think its HDMI over optical at all.

Edit: Did some hunting this looks like the Icron product used for USB over fiber.聽https://www.icronshop.com/icron-brand/icron-raven-3124

聽Display port over Fiber or HDMI over fiber they both work in the same way.聽 and there are cables for each.聽

On 6/8/2022 at 5:20 AM, Ultraforce said:

Thunderbolt optical cable alongside a thunderbolt dock is likely the less expensive version which allows for the computer to be in a different room with some distance. It's still something that would be hundreds of dollars but it's what Linus used at his house before getting the Icron product. He had been using the TS3+ which is a 300$ USD dock.

there is a MUCH less expensive way to do it. its why thunderbolt never worked out the dock creates a "interface" that times out or De-syncs not to mention it has to push video through it as well.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:58 AM, Maximus1 said:

Hi guys, first time poster here.聽

I am intrigued about a system like this, I watched the video and I heard words but did not understand them :').聽

We are building a house right now and I'm looking for help on something like this. My PC would be in a game room upstairs, my TV in the downstairs living room. Running cables is still an option if we are fast, next week the electrician is coming over to draw out the plans. In both rooms, close to the setups, there will be ethernet outlets where the TV and PC will plug into, is it possible to work with these? Do I have to work with HDMI (can I at longer lengths?)

How do you make it work properly? Not having to run upstairs to my pc and back to the TV to get everything to go nicely. And how about the controls? Above I read some stuff about apps, but won't this bring a lot of latency?聽

The sound from the PC would preferebly also come out of my audio setup (for now just a soundbar) and not the TV audio.聽

Okay guys. you all were looking for something Like this Here are the links of TESTED equip I used to Push HDMI 2.1 @4k120hz聽 50 meters from my Server rack mounted PC's into my Game room. LAG FREE

HDMI OVER FIBER 150 ft/ 50 meter
$167 for 50 meters which should do most homes there is a output side and a Display side. make sure you get the right port to the right plug.聽
USB 2.0 over Ethernet Cat 5e
about $50 and some cat 5e so if you have cat 5e run and DONT have a fiber run this is about as good as it gets. I use it daily its Lag free.聽

its USB 2.0 though so if you need data transfer speeds. this ain't it.聽
a note, these are converters and CANT be used on a normal network. Its Point A to point B ONLY.
YOU WILL DESTORY THE CONVERTER IF YOU PLUG IT INTO A ROUTER
the adapter has 1 amp of power runs my GMMK, G502 Blue Mic and Moto M2 interface.聽

Picture of the converters in my server rack in my garage. picture of the adapter at the Game room. and picture of the game room.

Captur123123e.JPG

3434234.JPG

234.JPG