Screen artefacts before system crashes and reboots

WiggsyGames

Hi guys I need help, in the last couple days whilst gaming I get these weird green pixelated artefacts before the whole pc crashes and then reboot. Anyone know what’s going on? 

8EC31319-FF93-4ED0-B33A-B198774B5D6C.jpeg

Looks like Graphics card failure.

3 minutes ago, wgaca said:

Looks like Graphics card failure.

I was thinking that but the card is only like a year old, and after the system reboots and I reinstall drivers it works fine again for a few days then just randomly does it

3 minutes ago, WiggsyGames said:

I was thinking that but the card is only like a year old, and after the system reboots and I reinstall drivers it works fine again for a few days then just randomly does it

That's typical for graphics card failure. If you want to go deep into it you can download mats and test the ram. It looks like either one of the RAM chips on the board is failing or the RAM controller which is part of the GPU.

You can also try to underclock the core and the ram to 80% and see if it is more stable.

1 minute ago, wgaca said:

That's typical for graphics card failure. If you want to go deep into it you can download mats and test the ram. It looks like either one of the RAM chips on the board is failing or the RAM controller which is part of the GPU.

You can also try to underclock the core and the ram to 80% and see if it is more stable.

Okay thank you!

Seems like defective VRAM,

RMA the card.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566