NAS Drive for storing games?

I had a quick look but couldn't find this on the forum.

Im wondering if it is possible to store and run my games of a NAS drive that would be connected wireless-ly to my PC ?

Cheers guys

NAS drives will be slow to load espically over wireless, they are meant for more permanent storage and as such performance is not usually a consideration. Games usually need to access data alot during game play and any slow down in that access will translate directly to poor gaming experience.. I would say dont do it.. 

Install an SSD stick your games on that.. And WIN. :)

NAS drives will be slow to load espically over wireless, they are meant for more permanent storage and as such performance is not usually a consideration. Games usually need to access data alot during game play and any slow down in that access will translate directly to poor gaming experience.. I would say dont do it.. 

Install an SSD stick your games on that.. And WIN. :)

Cheers for the response, sadly I assumed this may be the case :( oh well. 

I am right in saying that NAS drives are perfectly capable of storing/streaming films ?

Cheers for the response, sadly I assumed this may be the case :( oh well. 

I am right in saying that NAS drives are perfectly capable of storing/streaming films ?

Yup! You can use them for storing/streaming films very effectively.  :) 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

They're very much so capable, yes. The likeliest bottleneck you'll face is how fast your network is.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

Cheers everyone for all your replies! Iv'e got all the information I need now and more . THANKS!

Regardless of speed you will run into registry issues if you try and play the games from the NAS on another machine that the games weren't setup on.

The closest thing I am running to that is using a PS2 emulator and I'm running the games in ISO format from my server on a gigabit connection to my HTPC and it works flawlessly.

System Specs: i7-4770K @ 4.4 GHz 16GB Corsair Ram @ 2000MHz Asus GTX 670 DC2T

When an iSCSI target is set up, Windows will see the drive as if it was local, allowing you to install games and such on the network drive. There shouldn't be any registry issues.

You are right but what I meant was that if he set that up and then tried to play those games from a different computer through the NAS it won't work because any registry that were setup on the first computer won't be present on the other.

One iSCSI target can only be accessed from one computer :)

Oh ok, I gotcha.