Intel RAID On and Intel RST driver having issues?

Chiyawa

Like the title suggest.

I receive a few laptops from my company seemingly have issue with Intel RAID On and Intel RST Driver. This is more apparent if the system uses SSD while HDD seems to be not really affected. I have lots of BSOD with error code 0x0000007E and sometimes Windows failed to load into desktop (but SafeMode seems working because of Intel RST driver and services). Disabling Intel RST services from startup solves the problem.

So, I'm curious, is Intel RAID On and Intel RST having issue with SSD?

So far, even a C100 series chipset laptops and earlier facing this issues. Not sure about 200 series though.

Is it just me or this is a common problem?

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Back in the day, Intel RST was preferable when running spinners. It was also a quick and dirty solution for RAID 1 on small servers and critical workstations. Certainly more reliable than most entry level RAID cards by far. It didn't deserve its bad rap.

On today's machines stick to AHCI. RST won't even work on Server 2019 last I tried. RST also hurts SSD performance, which is why Intel played with Vrock as an alternative. I got 30% read penalties last time I benched RST on an SSD vs AHCI....running just one drive.

Note you have to force safe mode if you flip from RAID to AHCI. Pretty simple....all the online guides are easy, and it works.

47 minutes ago, wseaton said:

*Snip

I see. Yeah, it seems only SSD giving lots of issues and BSOD. HDD seems to work fine. Thanks for your info.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.