Dongle for Apple MacBook M1

Hi all,

I bought a pretty standard little dongle for my MacBook, which is "fine", but sometimes it goes dark when plugging or unplugging something in or out of it.

It really drives me crazy sometimes as I pretty much just hop to my table for 10-15 minutes, then take off like a rocket etc.

I am looking for a bit heftier version of - let's say - a docking station for Mac. Any recoms?

Thanks!

At work we use monitors with USB-C as our "docking stations", everything else like keyboard, mouse, backup drives etc. is connected to the monitor. Of course that might be overkill for your needs. You might want to specify a budget range that's acceptable. As far as I know there are USB-C docking stations for a few euros and some that cost 100€ or more.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

26 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

At work we use monitors with USB-C as our "docking stations", everything else like keyboard, mouse, backup drives etc. is connected to the monitor. Of course that might be overkill for your needs. You might want to specify a budget range that's acceptable. As far as I know there are USB-C docking stations for a few euros and some that cost 100€ or more.

Yes, that is not the best solution for me, I have my monitor for editing photos already set up and calibrated so that stays.

Price range is "reasonable". I know, it is not much to work with. I'd like to have a stable, hot-plugabble docking which is working flawlessly. If it costs 200EUR then it costs 200EUR, but at the same time it must work like it's worth 200EUR.