VPN to Use MS Teams on US Domestic Flight

CaptCurt

Hi there!

I searched "VPN", "airplane", and some other keywords but did readily find any articles or posts for my question. If one does exist, please point me in the right direction.

I have an important meeting this upcoming Thurs (3June) but will be in air during that time. I will not need to talk, just listen to the presentation by company leadership.  Our company's current VPN is a split tunnel for internal networking items but not Teams traffic. I know United's wifi blocks Teams as it provides video conferencing and similar services. Reading through some other articles using almighty Google search it sounds like I should be able to use a full tunnel VPN to temporarily bypass United's filter.

- Recommendation on good VPN to achieve this the shouldn't break piggy bank? (Don't worry, I try to be a considerate flyer. I will not actually use any voice to talk during meeting, only listen. Any feedback I might (unlikely) need to provide would be via Teams chat.)

image.thumb.png.b459dcfa242528ccb43ba6fc9c743c3a.png

I saw a few posts where the user used the "VPN access" feature on the premium wifi tier, and it worked for Microsoft teams, but it might have been batched

Other more secure option would be to just get the ProtonVPN free trial a few days before the flight, as it is 7 days long, you will get a top VPN completely free, no need to break your piggy bank.

But if United airlines blocks all VPN traffic, you would have to get their premium wifi, and try if their own vpn works for teams.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Thanks! I will look  at ProtonVPN.