Local home Internet for file sharing/game streaming

tranklena

Hello, 

I was wondering if somebody knows how to make a local high speed internet that only connects my stuff to it. I was trying out steam remote play the other day with my 30 mbit/s wifi. and it was a very choppy and bad experience, would it be possible to make a local internet, which isn't connected to the web but just my house and only to my gadgets, so I can send high speed i.e more than 100mbit/s between my laptops/phones and main PC. 

I know one can do this by connecting everything with ethernet, but I am more interested in a fully wireless solution.

If I find a solution myself I may update this thread/post/topic

Good Luck to us all

Trankena

You can just power up another router and not connect it to the Internet, but that might not solve your problem.

There's only so much wireless spectrum to go around, so your WiFi has to compete with your neighbors' WiFi. (This is especially problematic in townhouses and apartments, where you potentially have a lot of devices all chattering in the same spectrum.) There are apps like WiFi Analyzer on Android that can show you how many WiFi networks are all chattering in your area. You can try changing your router to a less crowded channel, or reposition it to a more central area of your home to get better coverage. Adding another WiFi network to the mix will only make the spectrum that much more crowded.

The best solution is Ethernet. Even plain old Gigiabit Ethernet will be faster than all but the latest WiFi standards in practice, and it will definitely be more reliable. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.