PC gets stuck at the Bios/Aorus logo when turning on, only on the first boot of the day

AlexD1891

I usually turn my pc off before I got to sleep. 6 to 8 hours later when I wake up I turn it back on.

Since yesterday I've been noticing that the PC gets stuck on the aorus logo and doesn't go further than that, until I manually shut down the PC and turn it back on again and then it works normally.

It might be something connected to the computer like a flash drive that might be causing it to hang during the boot up but the second power cycle fix doesn't quite support that. Still might be worth making sure that you only have the bare minimum of things connected (Keyboard/mouse and monitor) to see if that fixes the hang ups.

Next thing I would question is the health of the boot drive as this might be a early sign of failure so an immediate backing up of data needs to be done before further diagnosing can be done.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

2 hours ago, Hybris5112 said:

It might be something connected to the computer like a flash drive that might be causing it to hang during the boot up but the second power cycle fix doesn't quite support that. Still might be worth making sure that you only have the bare minimum of things connected (Keyboard/mouse and monitor) to see if that fixes the hang ups.

Next thing I would question is the health of the boot drive as this might be a early sign of failure so an immediate backing up of data needs to be done before further diagnosing can be done.

The problem happened once again and I checked the status LEDS and the VGA one was turned on. 

Could this be a problem with my Graphics card?

15 hours ago, AlexD1891 said:

The problem happened once again and I checked the status LEDS and the VGA one was turned on. 

Could this be a problem with my Graphics card?

If the motherboard is having trouble detecting a GPU intermittently I can see how that might cause a hang but the only way to test that would be to get a second GPU for testing purposes.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

My 8086k system does that some times, dont know why, but I change perifs and hardware out alot so could be extra drivers causing conflicts with each other, I just restart mine and it starts up the second time as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 9:58 AM, Hybris5112 said:

Hey I actually checked the drives and my HDD (not my boot Drive) seems to be the issue for some reason. Every time it's disconnected the PC turns on and works fine, as soon as I try to boot it with the HDD connected, then it hangs.

I tried another HDD to discard a problem with the SATA Port and with the cable and it worked fine. 

I'll try to see if someone can fix the HDD if not, I'll have to get a new one

19 hours ago, AlexD1891 said:

Hey I actually checked the drives and my HDD (not my boot Drive) seems to be the issue for some reason. Every time it's disconnected the PC turns on and works fine, as soon as I try to boot it with the HDD connected, then it hangs.

I tried another HDD to discard a problem with the SATA Port and with the cable and it worked fine. 

I'll try to see if someone can fix the HDD if not, I'll have to get a new one

Heat... Or rather lack of heat.. You have something at the hardware level that's having trouble from a cold boot..

I've experienced it many times with old motherboards that sat for years.. The caps age, the circuits age, stuff has trouble until it warms up..

I've also seen that happen with 4 stick of memory.. It's like the motherboard isn't providing enough juice from a cold start and the memory controller fails..

You could try bumping memory controller by a tiny tiny bit.. Turn it up one notch and one notch only..