Which Monitors to Choose

raydeeyo
Hi Guys,

I'm struggling to choose between these monitors, anyone mind to help me decide, i'm not sure about the specs like contrast ratio can help much, but i'm more into Gaming. Also, if budget allow, i might consider to hook up 3 monitors (eyefinity)

ViewSonic VX2370SMH - IPS LED - 23" - 7ms 

Pros: Elegant Look, IPS, Audio Jack for my headphone

Cons: 7ms

BenQ GL2460HM - LED - 24" - 2ms 

Pros: 2ms, 24", Audio Jack for my headphone

Cons: Abit Bulky

AOC E2351FH - LED - 23" - 2ms

Pros: 2ms, Audio Jack for my headphone

Cons: not sure about AOC quality, nothing special, simple design

Appreciate all the helps, thanks   ^_^

ofc viewsonic it's the only one that is ips...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

@raydeeyo, you obviously plan to game, however I would still recommend the IPS display because you're going to get much better viewing angles for Eyefinity, more accurate colour reproduction and better contrast overall. However if you want something that's a bit easier on the wallet for an Eyefinity setup I would recommend the Acer H236HLbid (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009483). It's very popular and Linus has even done a couple of videos of it including an Eyefinity (or possibly NVIDIA surround) setup video. I would personally recommend this myself from things I've read.

EDIT: The Acer H236HLbid also comes with every display cable you could possibly need which includes the following:

• VGA

• DVI

• HDMI

Edited by Geekazoid

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Simply put: IPS > TN

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

TN panels should be obliterated. :D

How about this. We get rid of TN panels and replace them with VA panels with OLED panels being the most premium display technology and then you would only have the following display technologies:

• VA

• IPS

• OLED

However I don't think we'll see OLED panels in consumer monitors for quite a while yet. Maybe eventually. And when that day comes I think everyone will be rushing to get one. That's just my opinion though. :D

Simply put: IPS > TN

You got it in one mate!

Now if you could convert the amount of posts you have into $$$ then you could build a beast of a PC system with that amount. :P

is response time really matter? 2ms has very little options to get due to my budget, hope to save some money to get 3 monitors... 

@raydeeyo, you obviously plan to game, however I would still recommend the IPS display because you're going to get much better viewing angles for Eyefinity, more accurate colour reproduction and better contrast overall. However if you want something that's a bit easier on the wallet for an Eyefinity setup I would recommend the Acer H236HLbid (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009483). It's very popular and Linus has even done a couple of videos of it including an Eyefinity (or possibly NVIDIA surround) setup video. I would personally recommend this myself from things I've read.

EDIT: The Acer H236HLbid also comes with every display cable you could possibly need which includes the following:

• VGA

• DVI

• HDMI

Ya, the 1st thing i do is look for Linus's video about Eyefinity setup specs... but unfortunately H236HLbid  is not available in my country... 

Ya, the 1st thing i do is look for Linus's video about Eyefinity setup specs... but unfortunately H236HLbid is not available in my country...

Ahh! That's annoying. Well maybe the ViewSonic one then. Although if you give me a couple of minutes I can find some other IPS monitors that are in your price range. That then leads me to another question, what is your budget for each monitor?

Also, what stores do you plan on buying these monitors from? This would help greatly to know.

Ahh! That's annoying. Well maybe the ViewSonic one then. Although if you give me a couple of minutes I can find some other IPS monitors that are in your price range. That then leads me to another question, what is your budget for each monitor?

Also, what stores do you plan on buying these monitors from? This would help greatly to know.

Thanks mate! my budget is actually around MYR 600 which convert to US$180++ i guess, they only way to get a cheap monitor in my place is to walked in the shop and nego the price with them, online price has marked up pretty high here  :mellow:

Thanks mate! my budget is actually around MYR 600 which convert to US$180++ i guess, they only way to get a cheap monitor in my place is to walked in the shop and nego the price with them, online price has marked up pretty high here  :mellow:

Well where do you plan on buying these monitors from? I know I'm repeating the question but this kind of helps because I could suggest a monitor that's available in the US or here in Aus and might not be available where you are.

hmm, maybe just maybe i might consider to buy at Amazon since they offer worldwide shipping, used to buy pebble watch before with them.... what do you think of Dell S2340L? but it's 7ms response rate...  :huh:

hmm, maybe just maybe i might consider to buy at Amazon since they offer worldwide shipping, used to buy pebble watch before with them.... what do you think of Dell S2340L? but it's 7ms response rate...  :huh:

Ah okay. Erm...well most people seem to like them but I tend to steer clear of Dell monitors because you can't adjust the pixel OD (which is a technology that's meant to speed up how quickly pixels on the monitor switch from one image to the next). Have you looked at something like the ASUS MX239H? It's supposed to be a pretty good display.

Ah okay. Erm...well most people seem to like them but I tend to steer clear of Dell monitors because you can't adjust the pixel OD (which is a technology that's meant to speed up how quickly pixels on the monitor switch from one image to the next). Have you looked at something like the ASUS MX239H? It's supposed to be a pretty good display.

The ASUS MX239H is selling at around USD 296 in my country... it's out of my budget...