External USB 3.2 HDD extremely slow write speeds

Ive purchased a external hdd about 2 months ago, i always have found it sluggish but actually trying to download games on it now shows its unusable. Reserving disk space for small assetto corsa dlc's will take upwards of half an hour and deleting a 32gb file will take multiple HOURS. Ive ran chkdsk and fixed corrupted files. Trying to defrag the drive takes 24 hours, even tho crystaldiskmark and crystaldiskinfo show its in perfect condition.. What do i do?? 

28 minutes ago, JJayden said:

Ive purchased a external hdd about 2 months ago, i always have found it sluggish but actually trying to download games on it now shows its unusable. Reserving disk space for small assetto corsa dlc's will take upwards of half an hour and deleting a 32gb file will take multiple HOURS. Ive ran chkdsk and fixed corrupted files. Trying to defrag the drive takes 24 hours, even tho crystaldiskmark and crystaldiskinfo show its in perfect condition.. What do i do?? 

Does the hdd, the cable and your pc port all support usb 3.2?

16 minutes ago, Darknighterror said:

Also what external hdd are you using?

Im using a seagate onetouch 2tb hdd, connected to a usb 3.0 hub, but testing wihout hub gives same results so problem isn't there.

9 hours ago, LWM723 said:

Are you encrypting or compressing the data on it?

how can i see if i do?

22 hours ago, LWM723 said:

Are you encrypting or compressing the data on it?

I just checked, no i do not encrypt my files with passwords neither do i compress them. I now also tried chaning the file from exfat to nfts and did little to nothing. Read speeds are fine but its more the write speeds that are unusable. 

Im sending it back, prolly broken or something