AMD Ryzen 5 5600G not compatible with motherboard

I recently bought a Ryzen 5 5600G, and it is not compatible with my current Gigabyte A320M-S2H, which was my mistake, as the board as no way of updating BIOS through quickflash. Is there any way to remedy this? I sent a support ticket to AMD 2 days ago and haven't gotten a response (within reason) however, I would like to be able to get my PC working sooner rather than later.

Would buying an AMD Athlon 3000G work to be able to update the BIOS? I do not have a graphics card, so I cannot go for any CPUs. 

Edit: just decided on getting a better motherboard that is flashback compatible instead 

Edited by DurpyturtleZ

If the BIOS is updated to at least F40 that would work, as that's the version the Athlon 3000G support was added. There might be a sticker somewhere on the board saying what version you're running out of the box.

11 minutes ago, Jorgemeister said:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x#kf

It says there that supports for Ryzen Gen 3 on all 1.x, 2.x and 3.x versions.

But also, you said you bought this processor, which one you had before? you should be able to use that one to update the BIOS

Don't have an old processor unfortunately 

Well, that sucks. The only way you can upgrade BIOS is with a supported processor, and it has to be one with integrated graphics if you dont have a GPU.

Easier way would be to return the motherboard and get one with quickflash or with a supported BIOS version.

I'm hardly the expert here, but are y'all sure an A320 can even work with a Ryzen 5000? I'm not even sure a B450 can. Not that I would try it after my experience with a B450M Bazooka and what eventually became a new build... 🖕MSI!

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!