Asus Prime B560 vs H510 for 11600k (No Oc)

Go to solution Solved by CasoF13,

to close it off i got the h510 and i am happy with it (only thing i am a little salty is that ram is always at gear 2 at 3200 but whatever) thx for all replys

Because of Power Prizes Rising in my Region and my Main System being Power Hungry as Hell i though using a backup cpu that i have lying around with a cheap outlet mobo for 1080p gaming.

i came across the Asus H510 Wifi link

From searching online i came across some articels/forum post that recommend asus b560 link

because of my homesetup i need wifi integrated into the mobo thats why i want to get the h510 for a outlet price around 65€.

so my question is because the b560 and h510 look so similar around the vrm area and from what i read both are 8phases is the h510 ok ? i know the h510 chipset is limited but i dont need z590/b560 features for a backup system/1080p gaming/dvd watching/netflix (and i mean i still get pci gen4 for the gpu slot so whatever...)

i know of these drawbacks and i am fine with these :

64gb max ram, 3200mhz max ddr4, no-gen4 for m2, "only wifi5",no oc-ing

gpu to pair would be a 1050ti and in the future maybe a 2060/3060.

will the cpu be extremly limited by the board ?

i read that the prime h510 power limits can be removed will the vrm be ok? oc ing isnt a feature needed in this setup.

oh and i will be using this setup with 2x8 gb 3200 ddr4 and the board is able to drive this (but not more)

can i buy a generic aluminium heatsink to attach it at the same position where the b560 board has an additional heatsink ? will it work ? is it needed ? or will i short my mobo by doing something like this.

and inside espacially by people that have a b560 prime / h510 prime board from asus would be great.

If you remove the power limits you should get some cooling on the vrms.  A little gooseneck fan stuck to a motherboard fan hub if there’s one near the VRM might do it.  I’m not familiar enough with the board to give a definitive yes or no though 😕  Some h series stuff has b series stuff that is very similar to it and the only difference (aside from the chipset) is they put heat sinks on the VRM. In that sort of situation a fan is very likely to be enough.  Buildzoid would be the one to look at if he’s reviewed that board. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

If you remove the power limits you should get some cooling on the vrms.  A little gooseneck fan stuck to a motherboard fan hub if there’s one near the VRM might do it.  I’m not familiar enough with the board to give a definitive yes or no though 😕  Some h series stuff has b series stuff that is very similar to it and the only difference (aside from the chipset) is they put heat sinks on the VRM. In that sort of situation a fan is very likely to be enough.  Buildzoid would be the one to look at if he’s reviewed that board. 

thats why i attached in links pics to the two boards and like i said they look very similar especially at the vrm sections (minus the second heatsink)

i just hope someone can share there experience with a h510 board with a cpu that is "not meant to be parired with it" and what stability/thermal issues they have run into and if the cpu can fully (almost fully) ultlize its power (minus oc) with a extrem cheap board like this. i have read people that have good experiences with a 11400f but thats a 65w tdp chip not a 125w tdp chip like the 11600k (official intel specs). i mean the board is extremly cheap and even has features that some b560 boards doesnt have like argb and wifi at a low price range.

• 2 weeks later...

to close it off i got the h510 and i am happy with it (only thing i am a little salty is that ram is always at gear 2 at 3200 but whatever) thx for all replys